Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors, Inc.is seeking a full-time Tax Accountant, Tax Return Preparer & Consultant responsible for accurately preparing federal and state tax return filings for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations, as well as review, analysis, and utilization of client accounting information and records.
The Advisor will prepare federal and state tax return filings, and associated accounting for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Accurately prepare tax return filings including review, analysis and utilization of client information and documents
- Compile, prepare and assemble neat, organized and referenced work papers and tax files.
- Independently endeavor to resolve open items and issues in conjunction with collaboration with clients, senior staff and Firm management
- Effectively prioritize and organize timely completion of work assignments including coordination of work priorities through collaboration with supervisors
- Perform tax client research including drafting clear and concise memoranda or notes to tax files as appropriate. Suggest tax planning ideas and improvements and consulting with clients and co-workers.
- Adapting to the changing demands of the Firm and taking on new responsibilities.
- Reading, retaining and applying continued education, tax treatise material, and current tax developments.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA license or working towards CPA licensure required
- Two or more years’ tax return preparation experience in a professional services firm or public accounting firm required
- Strong QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Excel skills
- Computer literate and effectively utilize tax software
- Proficient in CCH Axcess Tax Software is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to build client relationships, and general consulting skills
- Exhibits professionalism including appearance, demeanor, and behavior.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, applying via Accountingfly is not considered submission of your resume. Job applicants only, please.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.