Pasaban Accounting Solutions is a fun team of accounting professionals passionate about leveraging technology to provide financial clarity and drive business growth. Our services range from cloud accounting systems design and implementation, accounting management, back office support and controller/vCFO advisory services for small businesses.
We are seeking a tech-savvy Cloud Accountant who is a self-starter, detail-oriented, and a team player to work in a virtual environment with 20+ hours per week. The specific focus of this position is in the real-estate industry and may include working with development/construction, property management, and hospitality (hotels/rest/pubs). Pasaban Accounting Solutions is a growing company and this is a growing position, so we are open to additional hours if desired. Although this is currently a part-time position, we are looking for individuals who want to grow, long-term, with an exceptional team. This is a great opportunity for someone who desires to work from home with flexible, part-time hours in a dynamic, remote environment doing what they do best.
The Cloud Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting, utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and firm practices. This position will be responsible for oversight and support of the Accounting Specialist staff for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities performed.
The Cloud Accountant is also expected to make recommendations for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position requires the ability to work with multiple client files and deadlines simultaneously within strict deadlines.
Core responsibilities may include:
- Conducts customers file review for the reporting period
- Review/validate Accounting Specialist staff work for accuracy
- Supporting Accounting Specialist staff in connection to service on a customers file
- Documenting/monitoring internal controls in support of the team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the team
- Posting customers file accounting adjustment as required
- Assist in special client projects
- Month-end closing and issuance of financial reports to customers
- Maintains complete electronic filing system to support financial records
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the real-estate industry (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with cloud accounting software QBO and/or Xero (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a virtual environment and with screen-sharing programs (examples- Zoom, TeamViewer, Skype, etc.) (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with cloud accounting apps (e.g. Bill.com, Receipt bank, Expensify, T-Sheets, Hubdoc, etc.) (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – by web/phone and email
- Attention to detail and thoroughness, excellent judgment, and great problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously
- Committed to maintaining strict confidentiality of client matters
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe
- Team oriented and flexible
- Technologically savvy and enjoy continually learning
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant – preferred
This job will function in a virtual environment and will require the applicant have a dedicated office space, a computer workstation (2 monitors highly recommended), high-speed internet connection, and phone. This is a flexible, part-time position with hours starting at 20 hours per week.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.