We look for people who want to grow; who always ask, “What’s next?” Our values and business are rooted in always seeking ways to have greater impact – staying ahead of industry and regulatory
trends; seeking new skills, credentials and certifications; and constantly improving how we collaborate, communicate and work together to achieve client, business, personal and professional
What working at JCCS offers
When you grow our clients grow, and we grow. So we offer a competitive compensation package in which you’re rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to the firm. Our total rewards package includes medical, dental, vision and other offerings; profit-sharing 401(k) plan with safe harbor contributions; a minimum of 10 vacation days, nine company-observed holidays, 12 sick days and half-day Fridays starting in May. Plus we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from co-workers and managers.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and advance your career.
- The freedom to work in a way that lets you balance life outside of work.
From financial statements to analysis, risk assessment to strategic planning consulting – the experienced team of JCCS auditors build long-term relationships with clients based on trust,
confidence and timely service. JCCS team members have significant experience in industry-specific areas to help clients plan for strategic growth while minimizing costs and increasing profits.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for completion of complex audits, other attest engagements, and other accounting projects. The ideal candidate will be technically competent with expert knowledge and experience in one or more specialties was well as a team leader. JCCS team members pride themselves with providing exceptional customer service, maintaining a positive work atmosphere and behaving in a manner that is courteous and respectful of clients, customers and other team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information related to client, staff, and Firm’s internal operations during and after employment with JCCS.
- Completes audits under review of an audit shareholder.
- Strong working knowledge of GASB, FASB, GAS, GAGAS.
- Establishes additional responsibilities in specific areas of accounting interest, for example, budgets, investments, and information systems to become certified/licensed in those areas.
- Delegates, supervises and reviews more complex audit, accounting and other functions to other staff, and takes responsibility for quality control issues.
- Actively seeks complex, specialized accounting projects from other professional staff.
- Uses technical competence and expertise to serve on JCCS committees and to lead JCCS teams.
- Comply with established work hours, scheduling and billable time expectations.
- Employees are expected to work additional hours and/or overtime when dictated by client business, high volume workloads and seasons.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Licensed C.P.A. by the Montana State Board of Public Accountants
- 5 years’ experience in public or private accounting
- Experience with governmental audit engagements.
Skills for Success:
- Technically competent in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets
- The ability to problem solve and think independently
- Attention to detail, and good organizational skills
- Ability to take full responsibility for quality of work, delegate, supervise and review other staff’s work and take responsibility for their quality of work.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
Candidate must successfully pass background check. ~ JCCS PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jccscpa.bamboohr.com.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.