Virtual Xero Accountant Needed in Knoxville Area
The Bottom Line CPA: Named to the Top 50 Cloud Firms by Hubdoc
The job is virtual, so you will work where you are – but you must be available for regular team meetings and lunches in Knoxville, TN, as needed.
The heart of this role centers around understanding tech-savvy accounting practices along with direct experience in matters of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Balance Sheet adjustments. The timely execution of these activities each week and/or month is critical. Your measure of success is to produce a timely, well-organized Balance Sheet with laser-like accuracy.
Responsibilities for Virtual Xero Accountant:
- Full Cycle Accounts Receivable on multiple accounts to include Collections and Billing
- Create and organize Supplier Rules in ReceiptBank and establish Auto Publish rules
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable on multiple accounts to include Xero Contacts Maintenance
- Review and reconcile Vendor Statements monthly to include Vendor Disputes/Resolutions
- Process + Approve Payroll to include 1099 payments, Tax Reporting, Manual Journals, etc.
- Initiate Banking Transfers + Deposits as needed and directed on a weekly basis
- Clear + Reconcile any and all Suspense accounts on a weekly basis
- Reconcile + Balance Intercompany A/R accounts for multiple clients on a monthly basis
- Create + Post Manual Journals related to Inventory, Credit Card Fees, Payroll Accruals, etc.
- Process + Pay Restaurant Sales and Liquor By The Drink taxes to include License + Permits
- Update, Review + Footnote Rolling Balance Sheet v. Prior Month
- Update Client Reports + Spreadsheets as needed and directed
- General Chart of Accounts and Tracking Category Maintenance when needed and directed
Skills, Talents + Expertise for Virtual Xero Accountant:
- Xero Certification and High-Proficiency (preferred but will train on Xero software)
- Accounts Payable, Receivables + Advanced Accounting skills (3+ years work experience, high-volume)
- High-Proficiency of accounting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry
- Highly ANALYTICAL with ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking skills
- Time Tracking and Task Management, ability to properly document using software
- Excellent computer and mobile app skills to include GSuite Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Drive
- Working familiarity and use of Microsoft Excel and PDF files/edits
- Professional presentation and conduct at all times
- Proactive, Ahead of Schedule, Responsible and Self-Managed
- Excellent follow-up, follow-through and tracking
- Detail-oriented and able to make smart decisions quickly
- Process-oriented and can collaborate to solve problems quickly and for the long-term
- Highly values learning new things and committed to personal growth + development
- Plays well with others in a collaborative team environment and is a Contributor
- Understanding the business of online entrepreneurs + retailers is a HUGE win.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.