What We Do
Accountalent does tax compliance for early-stage startups. That is all that we do – we do not do accounting, audit, consulting or any other random work that comes our way. We are probably a lot different than the firm that you are working for now – we are not hung up on when or where or how many hours you work or bureaucracy – we are hung up on providing superb and timely client service, attitude, team playing, professionalism, honesty, no drama or BS and embracing technology. We are very hung up on cranking out error-free tax returns.
100% of our clients are funded, early-stage DE C Corp startups that file a very basic Form 1120. About 60% of them are in CA, 20% in NYC and 20% in Boston. None are profitable. The typical founder is 28 years old, highly educated, very smart, innovative and swinging for the fence fueled by investor funding. About 70% of clients are software or software-enabled businesses.
The practice is set up like an income tax return assembly line – one team member sets up the client in the tax software (Drake), another enters basic info (date of incorporation, elections, Schedule K and G info, etc.), another gathers the FS from QBO (most clients utilize an outside, professional bookkeeping firm and the books are in good shape). The Tax Professional then takes over the return and ensures that it balances and does the higher-level work – Section 195, R&D Credit, state apportionment, etc.
The Tax Professional is then responsible for:
· Presenting the tax return to the client (we use ShareFile)
· Communicating with the client via email
· Finalizing the return
· eFiling the Return
· Assist in other tax compliance such as DE Franchise Returns, 1099s, W8-BENs, etc.
· Excellent written communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· A love of problem-solving and making teams and processes more efficient
· Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
· CPA and 5 years of income tax compliance experience
· Ability to work with not much supervision or oversight
· Worked with 2,000+ startups
· Very serious about client service and best practices
· Use a lot of technology in our practice -100% paperless (do not even own a printer)
· Totally remote, small team
· Growing rapidly
This is a full-time position, paid via a W-2. Salary based on experience. Bonus based on how many error-free returns you can crank out. Equity potential.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.