Accounting Office Assistant for our Client Accounting Team needed to join our energetic and growing CPA firm – apply today!
Summary of Responsibilities
This position is the first person that clients or prospects encounter whether by phone or in the office! As a result, this is a critical role and requires a friendly encounter. The person will answer the telephone, greet clients and visitors, and advise proper party; receive and transmit messages; perform light clerical duties to support the daily business activities of the firm; receive and route deliveries and other communications. Additionally, this position supports our Client Accounting Group with basic bookkeeping entry work. An ideal candidate is not afraid to solve problems.
Essential Functions for Accounting Office Assistant:
- Supports team attendance and communications.
- Answers telephones and places telephone calls quickly and efficiently, using a multi-line telephone system.
- Receives and transmits telephone messages accurately and promptly.
- Greets clients and visitors as soon as they arrive in the office in a professional and friendly manner.
- Prepares various documents and communications accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Handles outgoing Federal Express, UPS, and other special shipments.
- Maintains telephone billing records.
- Performs other clerical work such as client document intake and scanning; transmitting electronic documents; managing secure client portal activity, client communications.
- Maintains vacation and flex schedule for admin staff.
- Maintains highly organized client files and updates database records with accuracy.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including ability to proofread for spelling, grammar, and document formatting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and motivated by fast-paced work environment
- Calendar Management
- Prepare certified mailings as needed and file all certified mail and return receipt cards with their corresponding tracking numbers.
Other Functions for Accounting Office Assistant:
- Prepares weekly deposits.
- Responsible for various office spaces including conference room and kitchen area.
- Notifies maintenance personnel of problems concerning heating/air conditioning, telephone, and plumbing.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of office supplies, including annual tax supplies. Keep office supplies neat and accessible. Ensure office never runs out of critical supplies. Shop for kitchen supplies and office events as needed.
Job Qualifications for Accounting Office Assistant:
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone switchboard.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Pleasant “telephone voice.”
- Ability to use office equipment, including a computer, scanner, printers, and aptitude to work with office productivity tools.
- Strong Word, Excel and Outlook skills a plus
- Attention to detail
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.