Accountix is seeking a remote tech-savvy Client Accounting Manager (aka Senior Cloud Accountant)
The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver, self-motivated, and have experience with current cloud-based accounting tools. If you have technical accounting chops, love technology, and enjoy helping small businesses succeed – let’s talk!
What you’ll be up to every day
The easiest way to explain this job is that you’ll own a group of clients and are responsible for the quality and happiness of your clients. You’ll do some of the actual accounting, but you’ll also be working/training/coordinating with our Client Accounting Specialists who produce a lot of the work product.
- Proactively recommend solutions to help the client achieve their goals
- History of coaching and mentoring – explaining accounting to non-accountants
- Maintain & review General Ledger, AP, AR
- Review internal work product on your clients
- Ensure accuracy and process
- Develop strategies and solve accounting puzzles
- Review and file sales tax returns
- Oversee and process client payroll using services like Gusto
- Prepare client month end close
- Detailed revenue recognition – many times from multiple sources
- Inventory experience
- Adjustments to produce GAAP “lite” financials
- Finalize financial reporting and review it with the client
- Budgeting, forecasting & cashflow management
- Communicate and build relationships with clients
- Be the expert and impress the client
- Help them know what they don’t know
- Provide insight into their financials
- Look for ways we can help them further
Is this you?
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience, 1 year of cloud accounting experience
- QuickBooks Online experience….ProAdvisor preferred
- Experience with cloud-based accounting tools like Bill.com, Expensify, Dear Systems, etc.
- Experience with other cloud-based tools like O365, Evernote, Amazon Seller Central, Square, Stripe, PayPal, Shopify, etc.
- Experience using virtual collaboration tools like Zoom and Asana
- Payroll and sales tax experience preferred
- Experience managing multiple clients and the ability to provide top-notch customer service
- We love resourceful and curious self-starters
- We love a team player who won’t let the team down
- Excellent written communication
- Quiet, professional and dedicated work area every day
Pay and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Bonus incentive plan to share in company success
- Complete benefits plan with health, dental, vision, disability, employee assistance and more
- Matched 401(k) with profit sharing potential
- Discretionary time-off policy
- Work anywhere there is Wi-Fi
- We are flexible on your schedule – you just have to get stuff done and take care of your clients
- We are fun…we like each other and like coming to work each day!
We are a small team of tech-savvy problem-solvers who love what we do. You’ll fit right in if you enjoy the culture of working remotely, taking care of clients and using a variety of technologies.
We communicate with co-workers and client’s via video chat regularly. We are always trying to find a better way. We do what we say we are going to do (and do it well)!
Every day is different here and every client has unique challenges. We are looking for someone who loves to solve tricky accounting problems and who loves getting stuff done. This is a position at a small company where you can really make a huge impact – both inside of Accountix and in our client’s lives.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.