Join our Internal Accounting team and you will help support clients maximize their opportunities. Aprio has a career opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager/Controller to join their dynamic team.
Work with a leader in the industry focused on what’s next. APRIO is the top 50 largest CPA firms in the nation and was recently named one of the Top Places to Work for in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. We are eager to learn more about your experiences, expertise, and passion for technical excellence and client service. Whether you have industry expertise in one of our 6 industry specialties, or you have language skills to add to our international team’s 25+ spoken languages, come to contribute to a culture of innovation focused on helping both clients and fellow associates thrive.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, and current accounting standards
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete actions plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolve problems identify trends; determine system improvements; and implement change
- Maintain financial security; develop and update internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as cash application accounting and financial reporting
- Assist with the preparation of financial information needed for tax return completion
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and key business indicators
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, and budgeting duties, including preparing an annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Prepare consolidated internal financial statements and special reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from all departments
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Monitors and manages accounts receivable billing, month-end statement production, and collection efforts
- Oversees general ledger accuracy by reviewing that expenses are charged to the proper accounts and cost centers
- Supervise the accounts payable function
- Follows up on all matters requiring attention, coordinating with resources from across the company to deliver desired outcomes
- Problem-solves and resolves internal and external customer and vendor-related issues, escalating appropriately when necessary
- Maintains connectivity to e-mail and voice mail on-going to monitor issues that require immediate attention
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in accounting with eight or more years of relevant experience preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft® Excel and intermediate experience with Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Experience with Intacct or other cloud-based accounting systems preferred.
- Experience with customization and implementation of financial accounting software applications preferred.
Why work for Aprio?
At Aprio, we are passionate about helping our clients and our associates achieve what’s next. We are a premier CPA-led business advisory firm where thriving associates serve thriving clients. Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management, or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers the opportunity to join a winning team. At Aprio, you will work with industry-leading clients and collaborative and caring colleagues. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where our people come first, your ideas matter and you are rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and work-life balance.
Some of the perks/benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Generous Paid Time Off structure
- Parental Leave – coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- “Dress your Day” – jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group, and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to the origination of new client sales
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.