Audit Manager Needed at Burdette Bish & Smith, a firm voted Best Place to Work for three years in a row!
The Audit Manager is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, fieldwork and “wrap-up” stages of an Audit client engagement. Traditionally responsibilities of the Audit Manager will include advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Licensed CPA
- Six (6) to eight (8) years prior work experience in public accounting
- Prior significant supervisory experience
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools such as Checkpoint
- Experience in a paperless work procedures and software, such as Prosystems Engagement, CCH Axcess, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Responsible for supervision of Staff and Senior Accountants on all projects
- Review work prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants and provide review comments
- Schedule and manage workload of Staff and Senior Accountants
- Provide verbal and written performance feedback to Associates and Senior Associates
- Teach/coach Seniors and Staff Accountants to provide on the job learning
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound GAAP knowledge
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Possess executive presence – need to be able to be primary contact for the client, prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients
- Possess client development/relationship-building skills
- Possess solid decision-making skills
- Able to resolve complex accounting issues
- Able to manage several engagements simultaneously on an ongoing basis
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.