Kregel & Company
Location: Philadelphia (Downtown and Souderton)
Seriously flexibility. Serious Contribution.
It’s never been just about numbers for you. You see how numbers are connected to people’s lives, and that’s why you’re so good: you care.
You take pride in your work because you believe that your work matters. We feel the same way.
We’re Kregel & Company, and we’re an atypical accounting firm. We provide our customers with a refreshing CPA experience, combining innovative technology with expertise, and a deep sense of care for our customers. We offer accounting services, tax planning, payroll, and business consulting. More importantly, we provide peace of mind and the insights small business owners need to reach their goals.
If you’re looking for a bookkeeping role with a purpose-driven group, where you can grow as a person and a professional, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing day to day as a Bookkeeper with Kregel & Company
- The purpose of this role is to handle the payroll and recordkeeping functions of our customers in our professional services vertical. This includes around 30 customers in professional service fields, including graphic design, advertising, and software development.
- You’ll manage the various deadlines for each client, whether that’s, monthly or quarterly bookkeeping and reporting, or customer-specific payroll cycles. Many of these deadlines are government agency dependent and many of the deadlines are part of our promise to our customers.
- You’ll assess each case to plan your schedule. That latitude to manage your own time excites you.
- We don’t use QuickBooks or PCs – we said we were atypical. We use Xero and Macs, so any experience with those would give you a valuable head start. Once you’re comfortable here, you’ll start working more with customers in a specialist role.
- Our accounts are managed by “Customer Advocates” who take care of the overall customer relationship, and they’ll bring you in when the need arises.
- Based on your experience and if you’re eager to learn, you’ll get opportunities to grow in tax preparation and planning, and leadership.
Are you the Right Fit?
We’re looking for someone with the right training and experience, but who you are matters as much as what you can do. You’re the right fit if you are:
Motivated – you want to grow every day, learning new skills and building on established ones.
Organized – you can handle multiple competing demands at once. You have a knack for details and have no trouble staying on top of everything.
Aligned – you believe that business can be a force for good, and you come to work with a service-mindset, ready to help people reach their goals.
People-oriented – you build connections quickly, and enjoy fostering relationships. Customers and coworkers find it easy to trust you with the sensitive work we do.
Working at Kregel & Company-Flexibility, benefits, and a real team.
This is a full-time, permanent position, though we’re open to fewer hours if that’s what you need. You’ll be working regular business hours in one of our two offices: Philadelphia or Souderton. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We also offer health coverage, retirement plan matching, and paid time-off.
If you asked our close-knit team why they love it here, they may mention the principled leadership, room for flexibility, or the appreciative clients. They’d talk about how the variety of work we do makes every day feel like a fresh, engaging challenge.
As a company, we’re proud to be a socially responsible business that considers all our stakeholders – environment, planet, and community. We’re serious about doing business better. These values led us to become a B Corporation. If you resonate with our purpose and our work, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Experience working in an accounting/bookkeeper role
- An attitude of being a self-starter who wants to get things done and not wait to be told what to do
- Experience working with an interest in financial software tools
- Experience working in customer service or a customer-facing role
- Diploma or degree in accounting (CPA an asset)
- Experience working on payroll
- Experience using Mac computers
- Experience working with Xero online accounting software (an asset)
Apply with Accountingfly, please be sure to include a cover letter that shares something unique about yourself – whether that be something you learned in any extracurricular involvement, prior work experience, or from where you grew up.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact Accountingfly directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.