Established marine supply company is seeking an experienced Controller to join our leadership team and work in our exciting and entrepreneurial environment. Our company is in a phase of rapid growth and change, which will lead to an incredible career opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for a strong front-line accounting leader who can go from owning the daily tasks of accounting work, up to delivering projections, and strategic work.
About our company:
We are a worldwide marine distributor offering quality boating products. We provide fast and reliable nationwide delivery and global export services. Working with over 300 manufacturers, we source over 20,000 products and deliver custom parts and supplies to our customers in the marine industry.
What you’ll be doing as Controller:
- Deliver the month-end close
- Manage accounting team responsible for AP, AR, payroll, and inventory; hands-on as needed
- Assist with preparation of annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Inventory accounting
- Responsible for all activities related to the ERP; write queries, run reports, etc.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience in an in-house accounting role
- CPA is preferred but not required
- You embrace change and a fast-paced environment
- You have a core understanding of the finance and accounting needs for a small business
- Previous management of an accounting team
- Pitch in attitude / do what needs to be done
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills including outstanding oral, written
- Great communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or business-related majors
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.