Sweet&Chilli is seeking an experienced Controller to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a team of 10. We are a team of passionate hospitality experts offering our clients a range of services specialized to the drinks industry including training, consultancy, and events. This is a critical leadership role within a growing business. As the Controller, you will be responsible for all financial matters of the company.
We launched in 2002 after identifying a gap in the global beverage industry, and run bar operations and beverage marketing campaigns across Europe, Australia, and now, The United States. We execute marketing campaigns for some of the best-known beverage brands on the planet! Yes, this is a really cool job opportunity. We are a younger company, and are seeking someone who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and has experience building systems and structures with growing companies; developing sustainable processes is at the core of this role. Given you’ll be a leader within a small business we want someone who’s enthusiastic about working with colleagues at all different levels across the business. You’ll fit right in if you enjoy working closely with a team to meet business goals and enjoy creative problem-solving.
What you’ll be doing as our Controller:
- Owning financial operations as an assertive business manager.
- Review and management of a team to develop accounting systems and procedures based on well-articulated needs/gaps
- Drive operating improvements by identifying opportunities for revenue growth and cost saving
- Develop, in collaboration with the directors, short-term and long-term business plans of the company consistent with the overall company growth and earnings objectives
- Lead the annual strategic and financial planning process
- Lead budget planning process by the department and develop ongoing monthly tracking
- Provide a monthly cash flow forecast update to the directors
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc analysis and reporting to the directors and department leaders ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, accuracy, and business insight.
- Hands-on participation with daily accounting functions and operations, ensuring timely and accurate monthly accounting close, hands-on accounts payable, accounts receivable, ACH operations, system reconciliation
- Purchase order (PO) management to ensure appropriate accounting and classification of expenses for financial reporting and analysis.
- Managing vendor/contractor relationships: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with the team to ensure the accuracy of accrued services.
- Resolve billing issues and ensure vendors/contractors are set up to be paid timely and accurately.
- Liaison with the external accountant who will prepare quarterly and annual business tax returns.
- Ownership the financial compliance framework to ensure accounting, regulatory, and tax compliance
- Sufficient working knowledge of client/supplier contracts, and provide comments and/or communicate with external counsel in providing contract comments/proposed revisions.
- Proficient in general liability, workers compensation, health insurance, and builders risk insurance products with the ability to communicate with owners, project teams and brokers concerning all insurance matters.
- Manage a team of 10 employees
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- 5 years experience managing financial operations or working directly with or as a CFO
- Proven leader with strong teamwork and outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business-related majors
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of applicable financial laws, regulations and reporting requirements
- Proficient in cloud-based accounting software. Xero a plus
- Prior experience with building structured systems in a growing company a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Intellectual curiosity about the business and solving problems
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and have advanced Excel and database experience
- Someone who is flexible, eager, and willing to build from the ground up
$100,000 per year plus competitive benefits
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.