We’re looking for a Tax Manager!
Are you looking to move up at your current firm but feel stuck?
Would you rather be a part of an entrepreneurial accounting firm?
We’re looking for a smart, experienced Tax Manager to lead our tax department. The firm’s owner wants to focus more on the accounting and advisory side and allow a motivated and entrepreneurial Tax Manager lead the tax practice.
This is a wonderful opportunity if you’re a person who’s looking for a faster path up and more opportunities than your current position may offer without starting at a firm from scratch.
· Excited about leading, shaping, and growing a tax department
· Want to spend time working on the business to develop business processes that allow for growth
· Technical tax knowledge is interesting and super fun
· Passionate about partnering with clients vs. processing transactions
· Love using the latest and greatest technology
We partner with businesses around $3M in revenue and up throughout the year as their CFO/Finance Department. In a typical accounting firm, duties are compliance driven and backward looking. Our firm is passionate about looking forward to help our clients succeed and grow, while also fulfilling the compliance work needed. Our focus is relationships and partnering with our clients!
Honesty: I won’t lie, cheat, or steal or tolerate it from others.
Relationships: I commit attention and energy to others, so WE ALL get stronger!
Work Smart, Work Hard: If you do good work, you’ll have good work.
Salary based on experience
Simple IRA with match (401K planned for 2020)
Mac iOS based
If onsite: Gym access
Co-working office space
Free bike parking
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare business and individual tax returns
· Review business and individual tax returns
· Mentor/educate junior staff
· Prepare multi-state business and individual tax returns
· Interact with clients via email, phone, text, and in person to provide tax services
· Develop and manage processes to improve and streamline the tax department that allow for growth
· Evaluate tax software options to ensure best fit for firm and client base
· Prepare tax plans and projections
· Conduct tax research on a variety of topics
· Interact with the IRS and state taxing agencies on behalf of clients
· Proactively seeks opportunities for further self-learning and growth
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Master’s degree in taxation highly preferred
· CPA license is required
· Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting
· Deep technical tax knowledge of business and individual taxation
· Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online
· Consistent, accurate, and thorough – with an eye for details
· Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
· Outstanding communication skills, written, and verbal
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding phone and email etiquette
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.