The Audit Manager is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and “wrap-up” stages of an Audit client engagement. In this role, the Audit Manager is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise, as well as the responsibility of ensuring engagement profitability involving billings and overtime budgets. Traditionally responsibilities of the Audit Manager will include advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP / GAAS issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems. This position will entail occasional presentations for clients as well as occasional overnight travel.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field required
• Five (5) or more years of accounting, auditing or financial management experience
• Three (3) or more years of progressive experience in leading business management and/or financial management services projects
• Experience with federal financial management and analysis, federal financial statements preparation and/or auditing, U.S. Treasury financial related systems, and OMB Circular A-123 compliance desired but not required
• Prior experience preparing federal government proposals desired but not required
• CPA or similar professional certification required (e.g. CISA, CIA)
• Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Fluent in English (speak, read and write)
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Well developed and professional interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and with a customer service focus
• Superior organizational skills required with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Detail oriented with in-depth knowledge and application of English grammar and ability to proofread all written materials including proposals, pitches, presentations, etc.
Prefer candidates from public accounting firms with Governmental and/or Non-profit Audit experience.
As a team member of KerberRose, you will be provided formal training, one-on-one interaction with leaders of the firm to give you access to industry expertise and the opportunity to be mentored, formally and informally, on a daily basis. As a result of our entrepreneurial atmosphere and management philosophy, team members are given frequent opportunities for achievement and recognition.
KerberRose offers an atmosphere of professionalism marked by a personal touch. Our culture is driven by our core values.
Commitment to Excellence – We have set high standards to provide our clients with exceptional service
Teamwork – We provide an open environment that thrives on working together at all levels to successfully share unique ideas and best practices
Personal Enrichment – We aspire to enrich our team members’ personal lives through our welcoming atmosphere and continued focus on work/life satisfaction
Integrity – We are committed to the highest level of integrity and act ethically in every aspect of our business
Opportunities – We are dedicated to providing distinct opportunities to support our team members in achieving their highest potential
Social Responsibility – We focus on giving back to the communities through our time, resources and talents.
Our employees are our most valuable assets and we want you to make a career with KerberRose. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefit package. The following benefits are available subject to group plan requirements and underwriting approval:
Student Loan Paydown Benefits
Flex Spending Account/Section 125 Plan
Health Care Reimbursement Account
Gym Membership reimbursement
Employer Matching 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
We also provide you with:
Paid Time Off
Continuing Professional Education
Financial incentive and exam fees reimbursed for passing the CPA Exam
KerberRose is nationally recognized for its flexible workplace practices and is one of Inside Public Accountings Top 300 firms.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.