Growing CPA firm is seeking a staff accountant for our Jackson, Michigan office. The ideal candidate would be a CPA or CPA candidate who is self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized. This position would entail working with clients and colleagues to advance the firm’s overall mission and values through enhancing firm culture and providing consulting, accounting and tax services to our clients.
- Expected to enhance the one-firm concept and assist in developing a firm culture based upon teamwork and accountability.
- Expected to develop a strong knowledge of firm policies and procedures, as well as an understanding of the firm’s software products.
- Have a general, yet growing, understanding of accounting standards and tax regulations applicable to business and individual clients.
- Work with colleagues to provide consulting, assurance, accounting and taxation services to our clients, including:
- Providing small business consulting services, including monthly and quarterly accounting.
- Assume responsibility under, the supervision of more experienced staff, of audit, review, compilation and preparation services provided to privately-held companies, non-profits, and municipalities.
- Working closely with teammates and clients regarding tax, accounting and strategic planning issues.
- Preparing business and individual tax returns.
- Maintain required minimum hours during busy season. Hours may fluctuate based on client needs and filing deadlines.
- Obtain a minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education per year.
- Identify opportunities for personal growth and overall firm process improvements.
- Identify and communicate new services opportunities to Managers or Partners for new and existing clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate or related experience preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Sage 50 and Thomson Reuters accounting software preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Flexible hours, including half-day Friday’s during the summer
- Firm paid continuing education and professional memberships
- Paid time off
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.