Lance CPA Group, a virtual CPA firm based in Chicago, Illinois is looking to hire a flex-time experienced accountant to join our team. This position will be to support the Managing Director of the firm in the operations and services to our clients.
Lance CPA Group is a “boutique” certified public accounting firm. We leverage today’s best technologies to support innovative clients with their financials. Specifically, we tap the power of cloud-based solutions to deliver:
- Outsourced accounting services
- Tax planning and preparation
- Small Business Coaching and Advisory
Headquartered in Chicago, we cater to a niche target audience: craft breweries and digital agencies located right here but also beyond our vibrant city. We’ve made it our business to get to know these types of businesses, pairing our expertise to meet their unique demands and to help ensure their financial well-being.
In addition to working with these innovative niche clients with customized solutions, we provide CPA and tax services for small businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and individuals who have a passion for developing their businesses in progressive, future-focused ways.
The Core Values
The core values of Lance CPA Group help define our culture and who we are as a company.
- Courageous Authenticity: Transparency, Vulnerability, Integrity
- Clarity: Effective, Simplicity, Without Pretense
- Unconventional Risk Takers: Status Quo is not Acceptable
- Creativity: Thinking Outside of the Box, Finding Change That Unlocks Value
The accounting associate work directly with our clients in providing bookkeeping and accounting services. This includes monthly accounting engagements and special projects. This means that exact roles and responsibilities that you will have may change as needed and may be different than what is described below. We need someone that can handle the flexibility this position requires. This position will also require the person to take ownership over certain areas of the firm with minimal supervision. You will have the latitude to create and innovate within this position. You will not be doing the same things each day. Here are some of the job responsibilities envisioned for this position.
- Work with the Accounting Manager in delivering outsourced accounting services to our client
- Assist in answering client questions via email and meet virtually with our clients for meetings
- Assisting in special accounting related projects
- Provide other services as the needs arise
This role will start at 20 hours a week to start and grow to 25-35 hours per week. Some weeks it may be less than that, some it may be more than that, especially during tax season. This position will start immediately.
- You get to work from home. During your initial onboarding to our firm, you will be required to work onsite at our Chicago or Westmont offices or through a virtual work arrangement during the first two weeks at minimum. Once you are fully onboarded, you can work from home on a schedule that is flexible to you.
- After six months you will be able to join our company 401k plan. We match up to 6% of your salary and you will be eligible for firm profit sharing.
- Sick leave
- Technology stipend will be given after one year of service and annually thereafter. Other technology needs may be provided by the firm as needed. You will receive a work laptop and a second monitor when you are hired.
- We do offer health and dental insurance
We expect the person who fills the position to have the following skills and abilities
Flexible: The work that is performed will change and won’t be the same day to day. You will need to be able to adjust on the fly.
Responsible: This position would mean that you would be working from home with minimal supervision. While you will get to work on your schedule, you will be responsible for meeting agreed upon deadlines and timeframes for performing the work. Someone who is self-motivated is a plus for this position.
Work Independently: You will for the most part be working alone. You will need to be comfortable working in that type of environment.
Tech Savvy: All of the applications we use are cloud based and there are a lot of them. You will need to be able to pick up and work with multiple applications and understand how different applications talk and work with each other. On the adoption curve, we are definitely early adopters and you will need to be one as well.
Attention to Detail: Accounting and Taxes are inherently detail intensive. Beyond that, work we do for clients or internally requires the data and information to be correct. Small errors can lead to big problems. You need to make sure that your completed work is generally right the first time.
Understand the confidential nature of the work being performed: The nature of this business is that we will be handling a lot of confidential information. We have security measures in place for this information, however, human error can make our security measures meaningless. You will be responsible for ensuring that the confidential information that you touch remains secure.
Quick Learner: We expect that you will be able to pick things up quickly and be willing to learn new things on the fly.
The Experience Needed
We expect the person who fills this position to have the following experience:
- College degree required
- Need to have at least three years of accounting experience
- CPA not required, but preferred
- Knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks Online a plus
- Need to demonstrate proficiency in technology.
We also expect this person to have regular internet access as all of our applications are cloud based.
Drop your application and cover letter here on Accountingfly. Your cover letter should share why you would be a good fit to our firm. Once you have applied, we will review and get back to you. If we decide to interview you, you will first start with an interview with our Managing Director to go over the position. The second interview will be a group interview with members of our team. You will get to meet them and get a feel if our firm is the right fit for you. All interviews will be done on Google Hangouts.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.