We are an established and growing Oil and Gas Service Company seeking an experienced controller to manage and direct the daily operations of our accounting and human resources departments.
The controller will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other departmental and senior management. In additional to managerial responsibilities, this individual should have the ability to work independently to examine and analyze financial performance, to maintain and develop third-party relationships, and to create and maintain accounting and HR processes and procedures. The controller is entrusted with complete knowledge of all affairs and is thusly held to a high standard of discretion and professionalism.
We offer a flexible, fun, and supportive working environment where employees are treated like family.
Compensation and Application
We are an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and excellent benefits. This is a full-time salaried position located in Greeley, CO. Interested applicants should submit a resume (with work references) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Job Requirements
- Possess a 4-year Accounting Degree or demonstrate work-experience equivalent
- Have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in the accounting profession, with at least 2 in a previous controller role
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of GAAP accounting and accounting software systems (QuickBooks or similar)
- Exhibit mastery of the financial statements (IS, BS, CF), the accounting needed to support their creation, and the presentation and interpretation of them for financial and non-financial audiences alike
- Possess a strong understanding of payroll and filing requirements
- Have experience with human resource issues and employee benefits management
- Have “soft” people skills to navigate the mix of personalities in a “heavy trades” business
Preferred Job Credentials
- Hold an active CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Have experience in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrate previous experience managing and training others
Example of Work Responsibilities
Manage and/or perform company accounting and HR functions:
- reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- manage and maintain fixed asset (PPE) records
- oversee AR billings and collections, and accounts payable
- manage and optimize the use of debt instruments
- run payroll and complete related filing and reports
- maintain financial data for Federal and State income tax compliance requirements
- provide HR support and oversight for new and existing employees
- explain and manage employee benefits
- manage annual benefit renewals with vendors
- perform timely month-end close and coordinate with audit and tax professionals
- collaborate with the accounting team, management, and ownership and explain financial results
- provide proactive cash flow management and planning
- identify and establish cost-saving opportunities
- establish financial budgets and forecast financial scenarios
- maintain and support third-party relationships (customers, vendors, bankers, and other professional service providers)
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.