About Our Company
We’re a team of tech-savvy, intelligent, over-achieving professionals. Our goal is to help small business owners run successful, profitable companies through having accurate and complete accounting records, and a highly competent financial support team to identify problem areas, implement solutions, and ensure our clients have the information and resources they need to be successful. We truly care about helping our clients run successful and profitable companies and redistributing wealth back into our local communities.
To make a long story short, after 5 years of amazing growth and rapid client retention, we hit some major growing pains that caused us to step back and ask ourselves some really tough and important questions. We’ve decided to break away from the traditional accounting firm structure and create something much better. We’re transitioning to a team of highly qualified remote accountants, using the latest technology to integrate and automate the majority of bookkeeping work we do, so that we can focus on consulting and working with our clients to improve their bottom line. We’re talking no schedules, unlimited time off, 100% paid benefits, and an incentivizing progressive commission packages (up to 30% client billables) that allows each person to control the amount of work they do & the amount of money they make (goal is $100K+ each).
We’re in the middle of restructuring and rebranding our company, so this next year will be a transition period. We need all of the help we can get to manage our 100+ client load and launch our new model. We’re hoping to find the BEST of the BEST to help us embark on this project and collaborate with us.
NOTE: We have two positions available for this job.
This is not an entry-level job. We’re a fast-growing company with a strong client-reputation. We’re looking for overachievers – highly motivated professionals who might otherwise freelance, but love the perks, flexibility and stability of working with a team of elite bookkeepers.
Our Ideal Candidate has been working as a full-charge bookkeeper and/or staff accountant handling full-cycle bookkeeping for multiple clients across multiple industries for at least five years, with an Accounting Degree/Enrolled Agent or CPA license. We’re looking for self-starters who are trustworthy, reliable, intelligent, fast-learners, tech-savvy, and highly experienced.
This position is remote-based giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere. Working remotely eliminates the daily commute and allows for a flexible schedule that enables you to maintain a positive work/life balance.
We’re in the process of moving to a fully integrated automated system. Our team will collaborate with each other and clients remotely using cloud-applications like Slack & Zoom. We’re implementing Xero, Gusto, Hubdoc, Receipt Bank & several other amazing integrations to eliminate data-entry and document collection, so that we can focus on consulting, stream-lining and improving our clients’ bottom line.
We’re looking for an extremely organized and detail oriented accounting professional to manage 20-30 regular monthly & quarterly clients from data-entry to custom financial reporting. We’re currently using QuickBooks Desktop hosted in Right Networks for all client bookkeeping & payroll, until the conversion is complete. We use Smart vault for document storage & exchange, along with several other cloud applications.
We’ll train you on our systems, procedures, best practices & each client’s specific account; but we expect that you’ve met these requirements before applying:
- Minimum 4 Years of QuickBooks Desktop OR Xero experience
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience working with multiple small businesses at once
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Working Knowledge of GAAP, Industry Standards and Best Practices
- Working Knowledge of Business Tax Returns (1120, 1065 and 1040 Sch C & E)
- Strong Excel & Data manipulation/analysis skills
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Proficient with G Suite applications
- Self-starter that is goal oriented and self-disciplined
- Great Communication – both written and verbal
- Able to prioritize work according to deadlines
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and procedures
- Professional Licenses (CPA, EA, CPB, etc.) are a major plus
- Experience with Xero, Gusto, Hubdoc, Receipt Bank is a major plus
- If applying to work remotely, we prefer that you’ve previously worked remotely and are able to provide references for remote jobs
You’ll be responsible for managing a list of clients’ QuickBooks Desktop files (until our full conversion to Xero) and ensure all services are completed in a timely & accurate manner based on each client’s service contract.
If you haven’t worked in Xero – don’t worry! Neither have we. We’ve used QB Desktop for over 10 years and will provide comprehensive company training, support & procedures.
- Manage Multiple QuickBooks Desktop Files for Small Business Clients on weekly, monthly or quarterly contracts
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping & Payroll (from start to end) for multiple industries
- Data-Entry, Transaction Posting, Job Costing, Class Coding
- Sales System Reports, Data Manipulation & Journals (from Square, Shopify, etc.)
- Bank, Cash, Credit Card, Loan, Tax Liabilities & Merchant Account Reconciliations
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Payroll Processing & Payroll Tax Returns
- Review and prepare month-close, including adjusting entries for cash/accrual/other
- Prepare excise tax, sales tax, property tax & use tax returns.
- Manage Vendor W-9s, Licenses & Insurance. Issue 1099s.
- Manage Employee information & documentation (payroll-related only)
- Manage Inventory item setup & adjustments
- Prepare Loan amortization schedules as needed
- Manage Fixed Assets, Cash Flow, Owner/Officer Compensation
- Export & Prepare Complex Excel Worksheets for Sales journal entries, Commission calculations, Excise Tax calculations, and more!
- Ensure Accounting is performed to maximize tax deductions for each client
- Promptly Respond to Emails, Phone Calls and Zoom (within 48 hours)
- Timely & Accurately Complete Month-End Close Tasks & Owner’s Financial Reports
- Maintain Clients Accounting Records in Smart vault (cloud storage)
- Ensure assigned clients are trained & maintaining OBS Client Best Practices
- Maintain OBS Client Commitment to Top Quality Client Services at all times
- Implement & Maintain OBS Best Practices & Procedures at all times
- Collaborate with the Team through #Slack (ask questions, answer questions, share ideas)
- Attend Team Meetings & Supervisor Check-ins
- Attend 2-3 Annual Continuing Education Courses (company-paid)
- Attend Company Annual Leadership Retreat (starts 2020)
- Other Special Projects & Analysis as Necessary
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation (starts @ $52k -$62k or $25-$30/hr DOQ)
- Regular bonuses, reviews & raises
- Flexible work environment & schedule
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Retirement plan
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday pay
- Stipend & expense reimbursements
- Opportunity for advancement in a fast-growing company
We have both in-office and remote positions available (or a hybrid). If working remotely, the candidate must have a quiet office space that fits at least two monitors, high-speed internet, the ability to maintain secure information.
Submit your cover letter, resume and video to: Ariel@OlympiaBookkeeping.com
Video Instructions: Give us your best sales pitch. Who are you? What do you love? Briefly discuss why you’re the perfect candidate for this job; what you bring to the table; your career goals, and anything else you’d like to share with us! Aim for 8-12 minutes long (not to exceed 15 minutes).
*We will not consider applications that are incomplete or fail to outline their experience. If you do not have experience with requirements or responsibilities listed above, please include this information with your application so that we can determine the best onboarding & training system for you. Please add any experience you feel is relevant.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.