We are in search of a Virtual Accountant, CPA a.k.a. Customer Ally to join our growth-oriented, remote team. Our clients are agencies in the design/web/marketing space who look to us to guide their growth.
- The Customer Ally is a leader in our firm and the face of our firm with regards to culture, deliverables and customer care.
- This is a growing role, so will start small and grow to part time over a year.
- This role leads and directs all technical work for the clients assigned to them.
- With the support of the leaders and other team members, the customer Ally is fully responsible for seeing that we fulfill our contracts with the clients.
- This role will be assigned specific clients and will provide all service to their own clients.
- The Customer Ally meets and communicates with the client directly.
Qualifications for Virtual Accountant, CPA a.k.a., Customer Ally:
- An accounting degree is required, and a CPA is preferable.
- Highly considered candidates will have experience in firms and/or private accounting departments, with general firm services like tax, accounting, payroll, and technology support
More Details about This Role:
- Attention to detail is a must as firm work is inherently detail intensive.
- A high level of care for the assigned client base and consistent timely responsiveness to the clients is required.
- You will need access to your own secure wifi, reliable computer and cell phone.
- Monthly internet access may be provided.
- Ability to work from home unsupervised is a must.
- Meet with the owners of the firm periodically to discuss accounting, tax and payroll processes for particular clients.
- Meet virtually with the team weekly and travel one time per year to a firm retreat in South Carolina.
- Review the accounting and payroll work of the support Specialists in the firm.
- Filing of sales tax returns.
- Manage cash flow, and pay bills for clients.
- Provide consulting to the clients on appropriate use of their financials.
- Update cash flow scenarios in software.
- Seek help from the owners as the technical reviewer on technical work.
- Check reasonableness of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Summary and/or Cash Flow Statement after all reconciliations.
- When determined, troubleshoot broken integration links between accounting products and clients’ bank/credit card accounts.
- Using the firm’s processes, keep track of payroll vs. distribution % balance being maintained by the owner clients.
- Using the firm’s processes, keep track of the clients’ estimated tax payments being made during the year.
- File corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns for clients.
- Prepare tax plans for clients, and communicate this information to clients in a timely way.
- Notify the owners a month in advance when you expect to leave town so your position can be covered while you are gone.
- Other assigned tasks as we become aware. This Job Description will change.
- While we do not offer traditional benefits like health insurance, we do offer the freedom to work from home with the best team, and with the best clients in the US.
- All CPE education and licensing are covered by the firm.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.