Remote Accounting Manager needed!
The Remote Accounting Manager will lead a team of Accountants and work directly with our small business clients. We offer a flexible, work from home role and the opportunity to grow your career – join us!
The Remote Accounting Manager will work directly with the Director of Operations and Accounting Associates to provide accounting services to our clients. This includes monthly accounting
services, special projects and managing the Accounting Associate staff. The Accounting Manager role requires 30 hours a week, with the expectation that it will grow.
About Lance CPA Group
Lance CPA Group is a boutique certified public accounting firm. We leverage today’s best technologies to support innovative clients with their financials. Specifically, we tap the power of cloud-based solutions to deliver outsourced accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and small business coaching and advisory.
Headquartered in Chicago, we cater to a niche target audience: craft breweries and digital agencies located right here, but also beyond our vibrant city. We’ve made it our business to get to know these types of businesses, pairing our expertise to meet their unique demands and to help ensure their financial well-being.
In addition to working with these innovative niche clients with customized solutions, we provide CPA and tax services for small businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and individuals who have a passion for developing their businesses in progressive, future-focused ways.
The Core Values
The core values of Lance CPA Group help define our culture and who we are as a company.
Courageous Authenticity: Transparency, Vulnerability, Integrity
Clarity: Effective, Simplicity, Without Pretense
Unconventional Risk Takers: Status Quo is not Acceptable
Creativity: Thinking Outside of the Box, Finding Change That Unlocks Value
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage Accounting Associates’ month-end client reports to verify the highest quality of work is being delivered to clients.
- Manage Accounting Associates’ month-end process to ensure client reports are delivered by the 15th of the month. This includes assisting in client communication and
problem-solving to move the process along, when needed.
- Be a resource to the Accounting Associate staff by answering questions and helping to solve accounting issues, as well as identifying training opportunities.
- Assist in answering client questions via email and meet virtually with our clients for meetings.
- Prepare outlines and lead all Monthly and Quarterly Strategy Calls with clients.
- Handle multiple special accounting related projects simultaneously.
- Work with the Managing Director, Director of Operations and other staff in leading the client onboarding experience.
- Work with the Tax Manager to help equip the Tax Team in the completion of tax-related activities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork, unity, and support among Accounting Associate staff to enable each Accountant to succeed.
- Encourage and promote a company culture that is consistent with our core values and mission statement.
- Maintain transparent communication through one-on-one meetings, emails, Google Hangouts and Basecamp.
- Provide other services as the needs arise.
- You have recent experience working in a public accounting firm.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, nice to have
- 5+ years Accounting experience, working with multiple clients
- 3+ years managing others
- Ability to work directly with clients and advise
- Tech-savvy – ability to pick up on new tech quickly
- Hands-on experience using QBO, Expensify, Gusto, Base Camp
- A plus if you have experience with clients in the restaurant industry and/or professional services
- Dedicated home office workspace
Benefits (just to name a few):
- You get to work from home!
- You will receive a work laptop and a second monitor when you are hired.
- Health, dental and group term life insurance.
- After six months you will be able to join our company 401k plan. We match up to 6% of your salary and you will be eligible for firm profit sharing.
- We offer accrued PTO.
- Employee Assistance Program and a Self-Care Program.
- Annual technology stipend will be given after one year of service.
- Other technology needs may be provided by the firm as needed.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.