Shoot for the Stars Through the Cloud | Join Star Company as a Remote Accounting Technician
This is remote position open to people living in Canada only.
Star Company is all about creating an awesome client experience! As an Accounting Technician, you will use your strong bookkeeping knowledge and superior communication skills to maintain our client’s financial records using cloud tools and work with our team to build awesome accounting workflows.
Are you a good fit for an Accounting Technician at Star Company?
- You live in Canada.
- You enjoy learning about new applications and platforms and are always looking for ways to improve and refine our processes.
- You want to be part of a team-oriented office. This a virtual position, however being part of a team is important to you, so expect team meetings and client communication to structure the work.
- Customer service is king! The Star Company work schedule is flexible, but customer service is our priority and yours!
- You’re available to work during standard EST business hours when most of our work is completed.
Specific tasks will be determined on an ongoing basis by client needs, but will include the following;
- Process source documents through Receipt Bank and Hubdoc, and publish to GL platform
- Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals, payroll/ time reports, or other schedules
- Verify and reconcile bank statements
- Complete client vendor payments
- Complete client AR follow up
- Assist in set up of new client profiles and applications
- Address client issues and questions as they arise
- Share knowledge and monitor progress with other team members
- Document Star Company onboarding process
- Efficient workflows
- Satisfied clients
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
This position requires an experienced and accomplished person with a strong bookkeeping and cloud accounting background. The successful candidate must have at least 2+ years bookkeeping experience as an accounting technician and have:
- Successfully completed coursework in bookkeeping/accounting or achieved certification
- Experience with accounting applications including QuickBooks, Xero, and Simply Accounting
- The ability to organize workflow to meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and experience working with office computer applications
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- The ability to work comfortably in a virtual office setting
- Experience working in a client-centered environment
- Have a growth mindset – always be interested and willing to master the newest technology and applications to grow your expertise in cloud accounting!
Our Hiring Process:
- Following your application, we will review your resume.
- We will then ask suitable candidates to complete an online skills assessment.
- Candidates who complete this step successfully will be asked to complete an online interview via Zoom where we will discuss the position, the company and you!
- If it looks like a good fit, we will arrange a 2-day work trial to assess your skills and for you to get a taste of working for a virtual company.
- As a final step, we will meet candidates for a team interview.
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.