Remote Cloud Accounting Manager is a critical member of our team. A successful candidate will work with and report directly to firm Partners, while also working directly with clients to service their ongoing cloud accounting needs. Will assist in daily operations of the company with a focus on maintaining superior support and servicing of clients. Must have cloud accounting experience and be able to adeptly handle a variety of tasks from a multitude of clients and team members each day. We are an eclectic, diverse group with a wide-ranging array of work styles. Each day is different from the one before; flexibility and ability to prioritize is essential to this role, as is the ability to lead while being a team player; to create calm in moments of chaos; to be able to laugh and create laughter. This is a remote position. Must be able to communicate effectively over virtual channels.
- Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Process bills using Bill.com
- Process payroll using Gusto, ADP, Paychex, etc.
- Reconcile payroll, bank accounts, A/R, A/P, Inventory
- Manage internal staff accountants & bookkeepers
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team
- Review transactional work of junior staff, take ownership of their proficiency
- Organize and prioritize work-loads in conjunction with client needs
- Manage Clients, as well as act as their primary ongoing point of contact
- Manage client account setups/conversions
- Set client expectations and carry through on all levels
- Troubleshoot issues with clients and be proactive in recognizing and recommending additional solutions that will solve problems for clients and help them meet their goals
- Interact with clients to gain clarification and information when needed, and explain accounting
- Ensure all client files are closed each month
- Reply to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Develop training materials and implement
- Communicate with 3rd party auditors
- Create and maintain Reporting and Budgeting Tools
- Create and maintain Internal processes and controls
Skills & Prerequisites:
- 4-year degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- 5-10 years relative & progressive experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Supervised 5 staff or more for at least 3+ years.
- 2+ years experience with Xero, Certifications preferred
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable conducting video meetings
- Minimum 2 years Cloud Accounting experience
- Working knowledge of cloud accounting integrations i.e, Bill.com, Hubdoc, Expensify, Shopify, Futrli
- Adept skills with Microsoft Office and G-Suite products
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary, based on experience
- 401k plan with Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing Program
- Health Stipend
- Cell phone, Internet, Gym/Fitness, and Annual Equipment Allowance
- Discretionary Time Off Policy
- Education Reimbursement
MATAX is a full-service Xero advisory and cloud bookkeeping firm who has been recently awarded Gold Partner of the Year, Americas for the second year in a row. We are a fully online company that has been in business for over a decade. We work with start-ups and business of all formations, sizes, and industries. As recognized leaders in the Xero community, we are experienced accountants and technology professionals providing our clients with the solutions they need to prosper. Inclusivity, flexibility and tech-savvy are what we are made of. We take pride in the close relationships with clients and openness among team members to be themselves as they trailblaze the way forward in cloud accounting. We have the ability to work anywhere, and we do. With no brick and mortar office, we utilize the latest technologies to get things done wherever we happen to be.
MATAX is an equal opportunity employer inclusive of all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status. Candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.