Kruze Consulting is looking to bring a new Remote Controller on to assist with the daily operations of its clients’ accounting & finance departments. This individual will be working closely with the CFO/CPA on each engagement and provide support to complete the different requested services of the client. One should be able to work with a multitude of clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance is achieved for each entity. The ability to lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in chaotic and often disorganized environments is critical to this role. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
Duties & Essential Job Functions for Remote Controller:
- Jedi-mastery knowledge best-of-breed accounting software
Strong knowledge of GAAP:
- SaaS Accounting.
- Prepaid Expenses & Accrued Revenue.
- ASC 605: Revenue Recognition.
- ASC 985-605: Software Revenue Recognition.
- ASC 805: Business Combinations.
- ASC 718: Stock-Based Compensation.
Strong knowledge and execution of tax process:
- Annual Federal Form 1120.
- Annual State CA Form 100.
- Annual State NY Form.
- International Form 5471.
- Depreciation and Amortization (MACRS) and requisite schedules.
- CA and NY Use Tax (with and without Avalara).
- CA and NY Sales Tax (with and without Avalara).
- R&D Tax Credit Form 6765, R&D Tax Credit Inputs/Study, 2016 R&D Tax Credit Payroll Offset.
- Alternative Minimum Taxation (AMT).
- Net Operating Losses (NOLs).
- San Francisco Gross Receipts & Payroll Tax.
- Local Business Registrations & Compliance.
- New York Capital Base Tax.
- W9/1099 and W8/1042 implementation and execution.
Manage the Audit Process:
- Create and maintain Internal Controls.
- Establish and maintain immaculate record keeping.
- Lead audit process with Big 4 firms.
- Provide requisite schedules.
Create and Maintain Budgeting Tools:
- Strong Proficiency in Excel.
- Strong ability to work with budgeting software such as Grow, Domo, and/or Spotlight.
- Budget-to-Actual / Variance reporting.
- Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Cash Flow Analysis.
- Cost Savings Analysis.
Manage Internal Teams and Clients:
- Comfortable in a startup environment (read: sometimes chaotic and lacking structure).
- Ability to create structure and foundational accounting processes.
- Choose appropriate Software Programs & Processes based on the client’s unique needs.
- Managing internal and external staff accountants.
- Setting expectations.
- Training staff accountants.
- Develop training modules and internal templates.
Administrative Duties for Remote Controller:
- Manage submitting, approval and tracking of maintenance projects
- Monitor billable hours between different clients
- Organizing documents online in Box
- Create, maintain and develop internal processes
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills & Prerequisites for Remote Controller:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3 – 7 years of relative experience
- CPA or Qualified CPA track candidate
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles and practices
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
- Strong priority management skills
- Proficiency in three statement financial modeling
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly
- Ability to identify and compute ratios and percentages
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.