Remote Outsourced CFO, CPA
Do you have a passion for the fitness community, thrive when you’re helping businesses grow, and excel at providing insight to business owners making critical decisions? This position is not for everyone. We are an entirely virtual public accounting firm experience sizable growth of which you have the opportunity to be an instrumental part. We work odd hours and on tight deadlines, respond quickly to client requests, are agile in our approach, and navigate through difficult client situations. The fitness industry is full of successes, but also failures as 80% of businesses fail within the first 5 years. This makes us uniquely positioned to help reduce that fail rate while helping other locations excel in their profitability.
At The Fitness CPA, we leverage cloud-based platforms and test new technologies to optimize our workflow which means the software you learned last month may be replaced with something that may or may not work as well as we search for the best solution to effectively and efficiently provide value to our clients.
Our public accounting firm provides outsourced CFO, accounting, payroll, and tax services to the fitness industry. With oversight from our firm founder, you will provide fractional CFO and advisory services directly to our clients based upon financial data provided by our team of senior staff accountant CPAs. Occasionally, you will need to roll up your sleeves and assist staff complete transactional financial work. This entirely remote position is a full-time, telecommuting role. As such, the ability to communicate clearly via video, email, and telephone is critical.
- Experience working in a public accounting setting managing the needs of multiple clients.
- Ability to analyze and read the numbers, find patterns; drawing insightful conclusions; make recommendations.
- Building financial models to guide the clients’ operational decisions.
- Communicating the findings to the client, and use financial info to advise on business action items.
- Understanding tax implications and incorporating the tax team’s work into the client communication and planning.
- Prepare outlines and lead all Monthly and Quarterly Strategy Calls with clients.
- Assist in timely and courteously answering client questions via email and video; meeting virtually with our clients.
- Perform some basic but necessary hands-on accounting work that’s needed to pull together the client reporting for deeper level analysis.
- Lead exceptional client onboarding experience, hold staff accountable for milestones, initial oversight provided by firm founder.
- Encourage and promote a company culture that is consistent with our core values and mission statement.
- CPA designation required
- 8+ Years of public accounting experience.
- Ability to compile and translate often complicated financial data into terms clients can understand so they can make better business decisions for themselves and their stakeholders.
- Success working in a virtual environment
- Dedicated home office workspace
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and client interaction; excellent verbal, written and video communication skills.
- Proactively communicate with each client, staff, and the firm founder.
- Ability to multitask to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft suite, gmail, zoom, Xero, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Payroll Relief, Practice Ignition are all pluses. Must have ability to quickly learn new platforms.
- No commute – work from home!
- Flexible work schedule
- Consistent annual growth with 14 years in business
- Ongoing training
- Before, during and after COVID19 we understood the work environment is changing and the paramount importance of our team members’ responsibilities outside of work. Don’t believe us? Ask our team. We support and are flexible to your and your family’s needs provided your work responsibilities are met timely, efficiently, and with excellence.
- Required 21 PTO days off per year fully disconnected from work platforms, client expectations, and team communications including at least one full 9 day period (a weekend, week, and weekend)
- FCPA provides your workstation and related electronics, reimburses $100/month for cell phone and internet.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.