Join HPC: We’re a Tech Firm that Does Accounting!
This is a key role where you will act as the liaison between our Accounting team and our clients as the main contact for a variety of payroll and HR/Benefits functions. The ability to switch gears between the details involved between different client accounts is critical.
Responsibilities for Payroll Administrator, Outsourced Payroll Services:
- Run and review client payroll
- Apply for State Registrations for Payroll (Secretary of State, Dept of Revenue, Dept of Labor, Re-employment)
- W-2’s/1099’s – Filing & collection
- Experience setting up different tax exemptions, garnishments, repayments, expenses
- Exposure to city/county registrations (business license requirements). CA/GA/NY and some other cities require city registrations for payroll and business.
- Experience handling dissolutions (Business / Account Closures)
- Identify and follow through with State Compliance issues concerning WC, disability, and FMLA
- Conduct review of payroll breakdowns
- Payroll gross-ups
- Troubleshooting and fixing previous errors with limited information from client
- Work with taxing authorities on filings/review (late filings, overpayments, underpayments)
- Set up benefit plans in payroll (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k) in JustWorks, Gusto, ADP, etc.
- Child Support/Creditor garnishments
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Spending Accounts
- Non-Resident Aliens, Visas, Green Cards, Work programs
- Workers Compensation/Payroll Audits – Providing necessary information for payroll audits and reviewing findings
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 3 to 5 years experience working in payroll processing and payroll registration
- Knowledge of state-specific filing requirements and tax notices and change to payroll tax notices
- Previous experience with multi-state tax work
- Ability to communicate directly with clients and to field general payroll/HR questions
- The ability to prioritize when working with multiple clients
Qualifications for Payroll Administrator, Outsourced Payroll Services:
- Multi-state experience a plus
- Experience with preferred payroll providers and Xero add-ons
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work (and thrive), in a remote team organization
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with payroll software and PayRoll providers such as TriNet, Justworks, Paychex, ADP, Intuit
Benefits (just to name a few):
- Cloud-based firm, you can work anywhere there is Wi-Fi
- Develop relationships across the globe and gain invaluable experience while working on a variety of business types, with highly interesting clients
- Competitive medical plan and profit sharing plan
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.