We are growing our team at TaxConnex!
We are regularly hiring Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountants (we use the title, Practitioner) to work with our clients on a split fee, contract basis. Apply now if you have experience filing sales and use tax in multiple states for small to midsize businesses and have a client-first mentality.
As a Remote Sales and Use Tax Practitioner, you are an independent contractor with flexible hours and the ability to work in the comfort of your home office, or anywhere you have wifi. We provide the clients and you become their outsourced sales and use tax department. In our model, you choose your workload and take on as many or as few clients as your time allows. We invest in your success by giving you all the tools you need to be a Practitioner with our Company.
You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- Have prior experience filing sales and use tax returns in multiple states
- Have 5+ years sales tax experience OR a CPA
- Own your own business or are an independent contractor and want an additional revenue stream
- You are looking for part-time work
- Enjoy providing white glove service to your clients
- Are NOT working full-time for another business
Our Practitioners provide sales and use tax services on a monthly basis for clients of TaxConnex including the following responsibilities:
- Translate and import client sales and use tax data
- Prepare and review standard and customized reports
- Manage and apply eligible credits
- Prepare and manage monthly cash request from client
- Reconcile payments made on behalf of client and cash received from client
- Assist client with reconciling their GL
- Maintain an accurate client tax calendar
- Prepare and transmit accurate and timely sales and use tax returns to jurisdictions in accordance with the Client tax calendar
- Communicate proactively with Client
- Respond to Client’s specific sales and use tax questions and requests
- Resolve all sales and use tax-related jurisdictional matters, for example manage notices on behalf of Client.
Requirements for Remote Sales and Use Tax Practioner:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA, CMI, OR 5+ years S&U tax compliance Experience
- Sales tax experience is not necessary as TaxConnex will train the desired Practitioner and provide tax technical support
TaxConnex provides Practitioners:
- Thorough training and onboarding where you learn our process and systems
- A coach assigned to help onboard you and help you build a successful practice
- Client work – no business development required
- Coverage for penalty and interest for amounts over $5,000
- Office 365 subscription with built-in backup features
- Research tools
- Sales tax compliance software
Required Office Equipment, Software:
- Dedicated home office workspace
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Active office or cellular telephone
- Laptop with Windows 10 Operating System and minimum i5 processor, 8GB RAM
- Printer, scanner
Attributes we look for in a Remote Sales and Use Tax Practioner:
- Not looking for a “job” but looking to work and own something
- An owner – someone who understands the vendor/vendee relationship with both TaxConnex and the client
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Highly responsive to clients and TaxConnex requests
- Dynamic communication skills – you can manage a conversation not just answer questions politely
- Sense of urgency – deadline-driven
- Transaction and process-oriented
Practitioners are required to sign a Practitioner Agreement with TaxConnex that, among other things, establishes the revenue share for each client that Practitioner serves. Specifically, the client is contracted to TaxConnex for a certain scope and fee; and Practitioner receives a portion of this fee according to their Practitioner Agreement.
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.