Remote Staff Accountant/Virtual Bookkeeper needed at CPA firm, The Fitness CPA.
Do you have a passion for the fitness community and excel at helping businesses manage their books? If you are a talented and experienced cloud bookkeeper/accountant looking for the ultimate in work/life balance this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
This position is not for everyone. We are an entirely virtual public accounting firm that provides outsourced CFO, accounting, payroll, and tax services to the fitness industry. We help fitness businesses understand their financials, make better decisions, and excel in their profitability. The Fitness CPA leverages cloud-based platforms and new technologies to optimize our workflow. We have established processes, procedures, and systems, to assist this position to provide superior service to our clients.
We work on a strict monthly accounting cycle, respond quickly to client requests, sometimes work odd hours and on tight deadlines. This entirely remote position is a telecommuting role, with flexible hours. As such, the ability to communicate clearly via video, email, and telephone is critical.
Full Charge Bookkeeping Skills
- Prepare month-end client financial reports which are delivered to the client timely, complete, and accurate every month.
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card feeds, coding transactions, and maintaining general ledger.
- Maintain subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances, and other accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts as necessary.
- Book payroll, monthly sales, inventory, and other month-end adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare and review financial statements prior to delivering them to the manager.
- Prepare payroll for clients’ employees.
- Prepare accurate and timely payroll tax deposits and related filings.
- Process garnishment, support orders, and IRS documentation related to payroll.
- Verify employees’ vacation, sick and PTO accruals, and adjust as needed.
- Accounts Payable – enter and pay bills, settle disputes, review statements, etc.
- Prepare sales tax returns and related filing instructions.
- Prepare and file Personal Property tax returns annually.
- Prepare IRS and State payroll and sales tax correspondence.
- Client facing and the main point of contact for client communications around transactional work.
- Assist in timely and courteously answering client questions via email and video; meeting virtually with our clients as needed.
- Interacts with customers and resolve client concerns, relaying relevant comments from client to manager.
- Represent the company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for 20-25 <$1 Million revenue client accounts simultaneously.
- 4+ Years of public accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of debit and credits a must.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Success in a virtual environment
- A dedicated, secure, and quiet room to work from home with no interruptions to conduct video calls.
- Have a strong, consistent internet connection.
- Ability to manage deadlines of various client accounts.
- Ability to multitask to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Self-assured, capable, comfortable, and adept in both written and video client communication to clearly and effectively.
- Enjoys working and communicating directly with the client.
- Excellent verbal, written, and video communication skills.
- Proactively communicate with each client, client advisor, and tax team.
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, and motivated.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft suite, Gmail, zoom, Xero, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Payroll Relief, Practice Ignition are all pluses. Must have the ability to quickly learn new platforms.
- Please note we are a Xero firm that rarely uses Quickbooks.
The Fitness CPA Offers:
- No commute – work from home!
- Flexible work schedule
- Consistent annual growth with 14 years in business
- Before, during, and after COVID19 we understood the work environment is changing and the paramount importance of our team members’ responsibilities outside of work. Don’t believe us? Ask our team. We support and are flexible to your and your family’s needs provided your work responsibilities are met timely, efficiently, and with excellence. If you struggle completing tasks on your own and exceeding our expectations, this role is not for you.
- FCPA provides your workstation and related electronics, reimburses $100/month for cell phone and internet
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed