Spark Accounting Solutions is looking to hire a Remote Staff Accountant with 1 to 3 years experience to work remotely, WITHIN 2-3 HOURS OF BOISE, ID. We are looking to pay $18-27 per hour DOE. If you are looking to empower small businesses, grow your career, and have the flexibility you won’t find in other firms, this may be the ideal next stop in your career.
About Spark Accounting Solutions
We are an accounting and tax firm that helps ignite our clients’ businesses by using their accounting data to help them improve their profitability. As one of the few firms in the nation certified in Profit First, we love to work with small businesses to help them understand their accounting information and use that information to grow their profits. We help our small business owners take advantage of:
- More time, by helping them focus on their priorities, while we manage the books
- Peace of mind, by having accurate books that lead to better decision making
- Increased profitability, that can literally change their lives for the better
Why did our awesome team join our firm?
- Flexibility – You can set the hours you work, as long as it’s between 8am and 6pm, you get to decide.
- Work from home – Our staff all work from home-based offices
- The chance to make a difference – small businesses are the backbone of our economy and they need financial support. We’re here to provide that.
What will you be doing as a Remote Staff Accountant?
- New client onboarding assistance – may include catch up/clean up, developing new processes, setting up new tools
- Ongoing accounting work for small businesses – Work bank feeds in cloud-based accounting software on a weekly basis – Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing expense detail provided
- Manage multiple clients
- Month End Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for our small business clients
- Complete tax returns for the owner to review, complete returns accurately, according to our standards and checklists. We pride ourselves on organized, accurate, and excellent returns for our clients.
- Assist other team members to resolve issues
Remote Staff Accountant requirements:
- MUST have: You can drive to Boise, ID in 2-3 hours
- MUST have: You’ve done individual and small business tax returns inside a CPA firm and have experience preparing Tax work papers, including for S Corporations and partnerships
- MUST have: You’re willing to be trained on our way of doing taxes, even if that means re-learning some old habits.
- MUST have: Associates or bachelor degree in Accounting
Other Attributes we’re looking for in the ideal hire include:
- The ability to identify issues and problem solve
- You are self-directed, proactive, self-starter – driven to meet deadlines without regular oversight
- You love to try new technology
- You’re detail-oriented (I mean, you’re an accountant right?)
- Research tax issues using online tools
Benefits You’ll Get:
- This job is available for part time or full time, with a minimum of 25 hours per week
Benefits for employees > 25 hours a week (new plan for this growing business starting 1/1/2019):
- 6 paid holidays (proportionate pay based on 40 hour work week)
- 5 PTO days (proportionate pay based on 40 hour work week)
Benefits for Full-Time employees (new plan for this growing business starting 1/1/2019)
- 6 paid holidays
- 2 weeks PTO
- Ability to set a flexible work schedule and work from home
- Paid continuing education
- Pay $18-$27 per hour, DOE
If you want to be a Spark, let’s talk.
- Hit the apply button and drop your resume here in Accountingfly, and we will personally review your resume and be in touch within 72 hours if there is a fit.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.