Remote Tax Accountant
Remote – Worldwide
Nomad Tax is a fully remote, global tax firm built by world travelers, for world travelers. Nomad Tax is probably unlike any other firm you’ve heard of. We guide digital nomads through their taxes, freeing them to explore the world. And since we’re a team of nomads ourselves, we truly get our clients. If you’re one of us, you’ll know.
We are looking for a Remote Tax Accountant who has current work experience with individual income tax returns including the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. You can do this job from anywhere in the world, even while you are traveling abroad like our founder and other members of our team. Interested? Keep reading and if you’re a fit, drop a resume with Accountingfly and their recruitment team will be in touch to set interviews for candidates who are a strong match.
What will you do as a Remote Tax Accountant with Nomad?
- Communicate and build relationships with clients
- Review client data and identify potential tax reporting requirements
- Prepare individual income tax returns
- Analyze financial statements from Xero and Quickbooks for input to tax returns
- Recommend and implement effective tax planning strategies
Remote Staff Accountant requirements:
- MUST have: Prior experience with individual tax return preparation including Form 2555
- MUST have: Prior experience with Intuit Proconnect
- MUST have: Open-mindedness to be trained on our way of doing taxes, even if that means re-learning some old habits.
- MUST HAVE: strong work ethic, including the ability to be a self-directed, proactive, self-starter that is driven to meet deadlines without regular oversight
- MUST have: Associates or bachelor degree in Accounting
- MUST have: Your own access to a secure internet connection and appropriate computer equipment
Other attributes we’re looking for in the ideal hire include:
- An understanding of the digital nomad lifestyle and hopefully you are living it already!
- Commitment to an excellent client experience, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Efficiency while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to identify issues and problem solve
- Ability to research tax issues using online tools
Benefits you’ll get:
- This job is available on a contract basis, with flexible hours based on your availability and the needs of our clients
- Ability to work from any remote location.
- Opportunity for a healthy work/life balance
- Pay $25-$30 per hour, DOE
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s have a chat!
Hit the apply button and drop your resume here in Accountingfly, and we will personally review your resume and be in touch within 72 hours if it is a fit.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.