Immediate hire opportunity | Remote Tax Manager at CPA Firm
Our client is a fully virtual tax firm serving financial advisors and their clients across the country. The firm is growing quickly and this position will increase in responsibility as the firm grows and as your skills grow.
- Does great work for their clients and are responsive to their needs. Communication is key to providing better service to our clients.
- Provides a flexible, challenging, and growth-oriented workplace for thier employees.
About the Job:
This is a virtual position that leverages some of the best technology in the tax field, including video meetings, client portals, workflow tracking, electronic signature, and payment. You will have a flexible schedule but expected to be available during the firm’s core work hours 10 am-4 pm, There is one regularly scheduled team meeting per week and regular check-ins by email, video chat, etc to answer questions and discuss tax issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and exceptional service
- Review Federal and State tax returns prepared by staff (individual, corporate, partnership, estate & trust)
- Provide proactive tax planning to high-income families (especially those with stock options) and small service-based businesses
- Review monthly bookkeeping and payroll and generate customized reporting based on client KPIs
- Respond to tax notices
- This position does not manage others.
- An independent worker that is looking to break free of cubicles and loves to be rewarded for work done and not time spent in the office
- A love of technology! We are a techy tax firm!
- CPA or EA designation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5 years of experience in tax preparation and planning
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience managing small teams
- Strong experience with tax preparation and planning software (Ultratax and BNA Income Tax Planner is a plus)
- Familiarity with the major cloud accounting packages, specifically Quickbooks Online, Hubdoc, and Gusto
- Bonus eligibility
- Work from home!
- Flexible hours outside core working periods
- Career progression including additional client interaction and job responsibilities as the firm grows
- Company match 401(k)
- CPE and training will be provided
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed