About the Work
- We’re looking for a hybrid remote Xero Accounting Specialist in the New York City area to provide accounting services across multiple offices.
- Qualifications include deep experience and 3 to 5 years of accounting experience for small business clients where you’ve not only performed the work but also advised and consulted with clients directly. Knowledge of the technology we use including Xero, Hubdoc, Bill.com is required. The ideal candidate should have those skills and share our passion for technology and serving small business clients. The ideal candidate knows general ledger accounting and is a communicator, strong within a team and gets the work done.
- Financial Reporting and Accrual Reporting
- Experience with E-commerce businesses
- Experience with Xero and add-ons
- Enters and/or codes all banking feeds/transactions
- Reconciles and balances all accounts
- Creates various monthly journal entries, when applicable
- Creates financial statements, income statements, balance sheets
- Maintains internal control systems
- Maintains complete electronic filing system to support financial records
- Generates 1099’s for clients
- 3 to 5 years accounting and bookkeeping experience, working in a multi-client environment, using Xero and cloud accounting apps
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business (required)
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Skilled at working in a client facing role,
- This is a hybrid position where you’ll be providing support to multiple NYC area offices of our firm.
Learn more and see if we’re the right fit for you
- To learn more about this position, including salary expectations connect with an Accountingfly recruiter by submitting your resume here.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.