Join our Tax team and you will help support clients maximize their opportunities.
Aprio has a career opportunity for a SALT Associate to join their dynamic team.
Work with a leader in the industry, focused on what’s next. APRIO is the top 50 largest CPA firms in the nation and was recently named one of the Top Places to Work for in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for the 3rd year in a row (2017-2019). Also, out of the top 50 firms, we have the highest ranking on Glassdoor. But enough about us. We are eager to learn more about your experiences, expertise and passion for technical excellence and client service. Whether you have industry expertise in one of our 6 industry specialties, or you have language skills to add to our international team’s 25+ spoken languages, come contribute to a culture of innovation focused on helping both clients and fellow associates thrive.
Aprio’s State & Local Tax (SALT) practice advises clients on the state and local tax implications of their business operations, allowing clients to strategically minimize their liabilities and risks. Our team has over 50 years of combined SALT experience working in industry, state tax departments, public accounting and private law practice. We specialize in all areas of SALT, including matters related to state tax nexus, corporate and personal income taxes, sales/use taxes, franchise/net worth taxes, credits and incentives, and mergers & acquisitions. In addition, we represent clients in administrative matters before state revenue departments around the country, including audit defense and settlement negotiations, pursuing voluntary disclosure agreements, and obtaining letter rulings.
As an Associate in Aprio’s SALT department, a typical day might include:
- Managing, preparing, and prioritizing a variety of consulting projects, such as state tax credit studies, nexus studies, sales taxability and income tax apportionment analyses, etc.
- Assisting businesses with noncompliance resolution
- Researching, analyzing, and consulting with clients on a variety of multi-state tax issues covering income/franchise, sales/use, gross receipts, property, etc.
- Speaking with state tax representatives at all levels
- Conducting SALT due diligence and structuring matters, and educating clients on the state tax implications regarding M&A and other complex transactions
- Being mentored by experienced employees to gain understanding of the state and local tax landscape and to advance your career over time
- Traveling a minimal amount of the time while upholding Aprio’s values and reputation
Responsibilities / Qualifications for SALT Associate:
- Strong multistate tax research and analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to attract and engage clients
- Innovative problem solving capabilities
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Remaining highly motivated while prioritizing and working on simultaneous engagements
- The capacity to work effectively in both a team and independent setting
- 1-2 years of SALT experience, preferably in a public accounting or law firm
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree; advanced tax degree (Masters in Tax, JD, or LL.M. in Tax) preferred
Why work for Aprio? At Aprio, we are passionate about helping our clients and our associates achieve what’s next. We are a premier CPA-led business advisory firm where thriving associates serve thriving clients. Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management, or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers the opportunity to join a winning team. At Aprio, you will work with industry-leading clients and collaborative and caring colleagues. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where our people come first, your ideas matter and you are rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits, and work-life balance.
Some of the perks/benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Generous Paid Time Off structure
- Parental Leave – coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- “Dress your Day” – jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group, and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to the origination of new client sales
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed