Seeking Experienced Audit Senior to join our team!
Cover & Rossiter, an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm located in Wilmington, Delaware, is looking for an AUDIT SENIOR with 2 to 4 years of audit experience (CPA preferred) to join our team.
Why Join the Cover & Rossiter team?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits. In July 2018, we moved into a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity. The building also offers a fitness center available for free to all employees.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit. Cover & Rossiter enforces a maximum of 55 hours per week during tax season, whereas most other companies enforce a minimum. We believe that employees who are well rested and not overworked produce better, more accurate and more efficient products and services for our clients.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
Responsibilities for Audit Senior:
- Experience with risk assessment and internal control documentation and testing
- Entering trial balance and financial statement preparation
- Risk assessment and audit program development
- Documentation of audit work papers in accordance with GAAS
- Fraud interviews
- Preliminary analytical review and planning materiality
- Performing substantive audit procedures in most audit areas of the client engagement
- With the assistance of the audit supervisor/manager, scheduling and coordinating audit fieldwork with clients
- Researching technical guidance of accounting and tax matters in areas of questions and developing a conclusion to be discussed with the audit team
- Completion of audit programs and checklist (PPC a plus)
- Experience in insurance accounting/auditing a plus, but not required.
- Experience with researching accounting and tax matters
- Takes ownership of work and meets deadlines within and for the overall engagement; ability to identify and communicate potential questions and roadblocks to audit supervisor / manager /
director in a timely manner so they can be resolved within deadlines
- Problem solve and design or recommend practical solutions to problems identified during engagements
- Communicate directly with clients to be able to work with little supervision and direction
- Strong follow-up skills
- Technology Experience (preferred, not required)
- ProSystems Engagement and Tax
- PPC Checklists and Audit Programs
- Microsoft Excel and Word
Successful team members are self-starters, who effectively and efficiently manage their workload in order to complete assigned tasks/engagements on a timely basis and within project scope and budget. They have a depth of technical knowledge within their discipline and stay current on tax code changes. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner, effectively managing the demands of tax and audit deadlines, contributing new ideas, and mentoring staff accountants.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA license preferred, or CPA candidate
- Minimum of 2-4 years public accounting audit experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in Client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Proficiency in researching and interpreting tax rules
- Proficient computer skills in accounting workpaper systems, MS Office, specifically Word and Excel, ProSystems Engagement and Tax, PPC Checklists and Audit Programs
What You Can Expect from Cover and Rossiter:
- A supportive and enabling management team
- An awesome work environment
- The opportunity to join a successful and growth-oriented organization
- Career fulfillment working with this award-winning, full-service CPA firm
- Exceptional Benefits and competitive salary.
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.