Immediate hire opportunity for a Senior Payroll Specialist to lead our growing team of payroll processing. Key to this success in this role is strong experience processing all aspects of payroll for multiple clients. This is an interesting and challenging job that will offer varied opportunities with client work, the growth of a business vertical and leadership and mentoring responsibilities relating to payroll procedures.
Responsibilities & Job Duties for Senior Payroll Specialist:
- Assume full responsibility and ownership of payroll processing to ensure transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Processing all aspects of payroll for multiple clients.
- Responding to incoming client calls, e-mails, or projects, while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining payroll records by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, benefits and other HR updates from clients.
- Understanding proper payroll taxation for reporting and tax filings.
- Calculating payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Printing reports and checks on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and annual schedules for submission to clients and governmental agencies.
- Preparing Social Security, and other tax reports.
- Calculating and filing of wage reports as well as 401(k) payments and loans.
Requirements & Qualifications for Senior Payroll Specialist:
- 3-5 years work experience in public accounting or payroll companies.
- Experience in various payroll processing systems.
- Complete high volume of tasks and projects quickly and react with appropriate level of urgency to situations that require quick response and turnaround.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Proficient at reviewing data, editing details and fact-checking materials.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude is expected.
- hb&k is a firm focused on innovation.
- We believe in training and learning to develop our team for the benefit of the individual, our clients, and the firm.
- We seek continuous improvement in services, processes, and markets.
- Our firm promotes the “One-Firm” concept with a culture based on teamwork and leadership.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.