We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant responsible for ensuring that revenue is recorded in compliance with US GAAP requirements. This position requires extensive revenue accounting experience, financial reporting, account reconciliations, journal entries and knowledge of US GAAP.
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
What you’ll do:
- Revenue recognition – Calculate, record and classify monthly revenues from the company’s different products, perform analytical procedures and investigate fluctuations from budget
- Assist in month-end close including account analysis, reconciling data, performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting, and preparing ad-hoc reports
- Prepare reconciliations, journal entries and related support for key revenue accounts
- Work with revenue operations team to identify and analyze issues related to revenue recognition and perform inquiries/investigations on unusual transactions
- Identify internal control improvement opportunity and assist management with process changes
- Provide accurate and timely information to management, auditors and other outside parties
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
What you’ll need to have:
- CPA with public accounting experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in accounting (public/private mix preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (e.g. knowledge of VLOOK-UP, PIVOT TABLE, SUMIF, IF statements; comfortable working with extremely large datasets)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and process management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Private industry experience in technology and/or internet service companies revenue (SaaS and ad tech model experience highly preferred)
- SageIntacct, NetSuite or similar ERP software
- ASC 606 adoption
- Implementation of or work with a billing platform (bonus points if the platform is Zuora)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
- Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
- We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.