Tax Senior – in Santa Monica, CA
Gumbiner Savett Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Tax Senior to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. If you are looking for a new route on your career path, Gumbiner Savett Inc. may have the right accounting position for you.
A Tax Senior will prepare complex, federal and multi-state income, franchise, excise, general corporate, individual and partnership tax returns, in compliance with current laws and regulations for clients mainly in the real estate, manufacturing, entertainment, technology, apparel, and retail industries.
A Tax Senior Associate will also:
- Review tax preparation work of junior professional staff
- Supervise the preparation of tax returns including consolidated corporate tax returns
- Perform complex tax research in response to client tax matters and resolve tax issues
- Prepare year-end projects, income tax provisions, and related financial statement notes (FIN 48) for clients
- Train, mentor, and provide work direction to staff
QUALIFICATIONS for TAX SENIOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related equivalent
- 3-5 years of tax accounting experience within a public accounting firm
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices within any one or more of the following industries: real estate, manufacturing, construction, technology, entertainment, retail, apparel and textiles.
- Supervisory experience
- CPA certification or in progress
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills who can interact with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork and leadership
We have assembled a competitive compensation package to reward our employees for their efforts, commitment and expertise which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) and other benefit plans
- Paid training opportunities and continuing professional education
- Generous PDO and Holiday Policy
- Continuing education programs
- Reimbursement for CPA review courses
- Reimbursement for professional membership fees
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.