Maximize your Potential at Cornwell Jackson: IMMEDIATE HIRE
This is a great opportunity to work at a friendly, open door firm offering a flexible schedule. You’ll work directly with a variety of our Business Services clients and closely with team members, so good communication skills are key as well as recent accounting experience at a public accounting firm. Office time will be required for the first couple of months, so you must live in a location convenient to our Plano office. But after getting up to speed, daily office time is not required.
Major Responsibilities & Duties for Accountant, Business Services:
- Manage day-to-day accounting process and assist in month-end close for clients. This includes A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements.
- Work closely with the Sr. Accountant and other Accountants in the group.
- Provide superior and responsive professional services for clients.
- Proactively solve problems and maintain client relationships.
- Detailed oriented with a strong level of accuracy in aspects of reporting and communication.
- Work with the department manager to automate and streamline processes, and create procedures.
- Assist with onboarding of new clients.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual.
Requirements & Qualifications for Accountant, Business Services:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of recent accounting experience at a public accounting firm.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities.
- High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office and specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks, QBO and other accounting software, such as Intacct.
- Generally tech-savvy.
The candidate will be responsible to/for:
- Ongoing phone consultations with client base.
- Support the other members of the Outsourced Accounting Service group.
- Special client projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.