EXPERIENCED TAX SENIOR WANTED
Cover & Rossiter, an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm located in Wilmington, Delaware, is looking for a Tax Senior with 3 to 5 years of tax experience (CPA preferred or in-process) to join our team.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits. In July 2018, we moved into a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity. The building also offers a fitness center available for free to all employees.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit. Cover & Rossiter enforces a maximum of 55 hours per week during tax season, whereas most other companies enforce a minimum. We believe that employees who are well rested and not overworked produce better, more accurate and more efficient products and services for our clients.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Proficient preparing a variety of tax forms to include, S Corp, C Corp, Partnership, 1040 1041
- Self-starter and has the technical skills to do work
- Proficiency in researching and interpreting tax rules
- Familiarity with CCH Prosystems and/ or Bloomberg
- Can complete assigned tasks/engagements on a timely basis and within project scope and budget.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in Client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Has strong technical knowledge; keep current on tax code changes.
- Contributes to a healthy team environment with a positive, professional manner, contributing new ideas, and mentoring staff accountants.
- Effectively manages the demands of tax deadlines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience
- CPA license preferred (or in process)
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- Effective oral and written communication skills
ABOUT COVER & ROSSITER
Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to small businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups. We have proudly served clients from the Delaware Valley and across the United States since 1939.
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.