Tax Senior needed – Apply now to join our fun and growing team!
We are looking for a Tax Senior and team player to work with the tax, accounting and leadership teams. The Tax Senior will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single-minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
Responsibilities for Tax Senior:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company’s US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax-related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
Qualifications for Tax Senior:
- 3 to 5 years recent public accounting experience;
- CPA preferred
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and the ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks
- Familiarity with CCH Document and Tax
To apply for this job please visit adr.to.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.