Tax Senior Accountant needed: Calling entrepreneurial, growth-minded tax gurus who want to help scale a high-growth accounting start-up!
- Are you experienced at preparing tax returns with a passion for cloud accounting?
- Are you interested, even passionate about, helping cloud accounting transform an entire industry?
- Have you ever wanted to work in a start-up, at the early stages?
- Are you just a little bit tired of working in a traditional firm environment and ready to kick your tax career into hyperdrive?
- If not just yes but hell yes, then we want to meet you.
About our company, The Tax Department
- We believe Cloud Accounting is essential to the growth of small business, and we provide tax return services for U.S. based Cloud firms who focus on building their small business clients.
- We’ve created our entire company around the mission of equipping the growth of cloud accounting firms by outsourcing their client tax returns, freeing them to scale and freeing them to serve SMB clients.
- We’re The Tax Department, founded by cloud accounting entrepreneurs.
- We’re ready to make our first(!) hire on the ground level. This isn’t for everyone. But if you think it could be for you, please keep reading.
About the Senior Tax Accountant Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant / Tax Preparer to provide accounting and tax services for business and individual clients. The right hire should not only possess the technical skills, knowledge, and experience required, but also exude a positive attitude, confidence, and ability to succeed in a dynamic environment. We’re a team and want team players who want to put the work in to serve clients and grow a great company.
Responsibilities for Senior Tax Accountant:
- Prepare and reviews tax returns – 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041, 1040, 990 , 706, 709 and State returns
- Manage projects of one or more client assignments simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project
- Manage staff as needed.
- Identify client needs/opportunities in order to sell/cross-sell product and services
- Pursue self-development opportunities in line with competency model
- Perform a detailed review of the work to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames
- Participate in recruitment, business planning, business development, and retention initiatives.
Our list of must-have’s for the right candidate:
- Experience in bookkeeping, payroll and month-end close.
- Embraces new technology quickly and is excited to gain experience with multiple cloud-based general ledger softwares like Quickbooks and Xero.
- 3+ years recent public accounting experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of public accounting firm products and services in the practice area, and general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas. This is more than a job.
The Tax Department offers:
- A fast, fun high-growth start-up environment and a ground floor opportunity for you
- A highly flexible hybrid role, allowing you to work remotely some of the time, but being available to go into the office as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for personal and financial growth through professional development
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Interested in helping our team launch an accounting start-up at the ground floor? Drop a resume with Accountingfly today.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.