Please note that applications without cover letters will not be processed.
Sales Tax Accountant:
TaxValet is looking for a Sales Tax Accountant to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. As a team member of a growing start-up, you’ll work closely with the Filing Manager and Client Onboarding Manager to ensure that sales tax filings are submitted accurately and on-time, every time.
Reporting to the Filing Manager, you will use your keen eye for attention-to-detail to solve time-critical problems for clients, submit sales tax filings, and contribute to improving the teams’ workflows and processes. You are a self-starter, willing to learn-on-the-job, and take ownership and pride over your work. The ideal candidate is comfortable with learning and using new technology and has some bookkeeping or accounting experience.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work directly with clients to submit sales tax filings and prepare/submit returns.
- You will monitor clients’ sales tax collection variances each month to ensure they are not over or under collecting tax.
- You will provide critical assistance to the team to help resolve time-sensitive problems.
- This usually involves working with sales tax authorities.
- You will provide assistance with special sales tax projects including submitting late returns, closing out accounts, and managing audits.
- You will help us build out our internal documentation so that everyone on the team can be more efficient.
- You’ll spend a lot of time learning about sales tax, as well as interacting with our totally fab team.
What we’re looking for:
- You have awesome attention to detail and interpersonal skills, and are comfortable working one-on-one with clients.
- You are a self-starter who isn’t afraid to learn new skills on the job.
- You are constantly growing as a person, and fit our core values.
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving environment and aren’t afraid of deadlines.
- You have a passion for excellence in everything you do.
- You have a stellar reputation and can pass a background check with multiple character references.
- You have a home office with minimal distractions, and are available to work during U.S time zones.
- You have a passion for helping people improve their way of life – whether that be personally, professionally, or elsewhere.
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are a lot of other reasons to love working with TaxValet including:
- Company sponsored health + vision + dental.
- 26 Days off per year! That’s 15 Days of PTO and 11 company holidays a year. Yes, really.
- $40K/yr Salary
- In a recent survey, 100% of employees scored working at TaxValet a 9 or 10.
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
- Opportunity to have a real impact and grow your career with the company.
What’s the deal with core values:
TaxValet is a core values driven company, and we use them extensively to make all kinds of decisions – hiring included.
The candidate we hire will share our commitment to these values:
- Tackle It: We grab the bull by the horns and get shit done. We don’t pass the buck, but we know when to ask for help. We see things through until the end and take responsibility for the outcome – both good and bad.
- Feel It: Authentic empathy is built into everything we do. We seek to understand our customers and each other, and take action to create feelings of warmth and peace of mind. A little bit of understanding goes a long way.
- Shape It: We are the authors of our own destiny. We know it is up to us to create remarkable experiences for our clients and each other. In work and play, the canvas is always blank and ripe for something incredible to be made.
- Improve It: There are no sacred cows here. All of us are on the lookout for ways to continuously improve systems, processes, and ourselves. Why? Because we want the best for our customers and each other.
What We Do:
We do whatever it takes to eliminate the hassle of sales tax for our clients.This typically involves helping clients understand where they have sales tax obligations, getting sales tax permits, managing transaction data, and handling ongoing filings. We’re also there for them if they ever have sales tax related questions.
We primarily serve online retailers based in the United States, but we are actively working on branching out into other markets.
The sky is the limit!
Why We Do It:
Authentic empathy for our clients’ problems is built into everything we do.You know that feeling you get when it’s time to file your taxes with the IRS each year? Imagine feeling that, every month, with tens of thousands of dollars at stake. We’re eliminating that feeling and creating lasting positive relationships with our clients, partners, and each other.
We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point?
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.