Timber Tax is looking for a proactive, solution-oriented, highly motivated team player who possesses excellent communication skills and has the ability to see the big picture. We are looking to add a rockstar to our top-notch team.
Originally formed to bridge the gap between business owners and their finances, Timber Tax is about helping real people, with genuine care and attention. Co-founders Anne Chan and Luke Frye are focused on providing clients with resourceful information, empowering them to make the best decisions for their businesses, themselves, and their families. Their superpower is making sense of financial statements and guiding clients on how to do the same.
The candidate selected for this position will be someone we feel can deliver quality tax services for our clients and wants to make an impact. This position offers flexible hours and terms, with the opportunity to grow immensely.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
- Review prepared tax returns for individuals or small businesses, including clear workpaper documentation
- Sign off on completed returns
- Work with the tax preparer to ensure accuracy and completeness of returns
- Our clients are primarily small business owners based in varying states and industries. Broadscale knowledge and experience are helpful
Strong adherence to confidentiality practices
- 5 years of Accounting experience minimum
- BS in Accounting, Masters preferred
- CPA License preferred, qualified individual tax experience
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience in preparing personal and business returns, mostly S corporation and sole proprietorship
- Excellent at virtual communication, using cloud-based software such as Slack, remote desktops, Zoom, G Suite and commitment to staying on top of the technology. Strong and reliable internet connection is a must
- Dropbox and Hubspot competence preferred
- Solution-oriented with a strong ability to think critically
- Proactive communication and willingness to help with tasks to make the team successful
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
Preferred – Experience with Lacerte
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.