Do you want to be part of a team invested in your success with unlimited growth potential? Do you consider yourself motivated and career-driven? Do you have the maturity and insight to work directly with business owners? At VGNC you will have direct interaction and responsibility with our clients to assist them with their accounting needs including tax return preparation, accounting support, depreciation updates and a growing knowledge of the automobile industry.
Vawter, Gammon, Norris & Company, P.C., a regional firm serving the retail automobile dealership industry, has an immediate opening for an ambitious Senior Accountant to become part of their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, dedicated team player with a passion for client service who is looking to develop their career.
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant with at least 2 years of public accounting experience or automobile industry experience (preferred). Vawter, Gammon, Norris & Company, P.C., a highly regarded full-service CPA Firm, specializes exclusively in serving clients in automotive, truck and motorcycle dealerships.
- This is a full time, full-spectrum position including tax return preparation and financial statement attest services.
- The goal is to grow into a manager with firm ownership possibilities.
- CPA preferred or active candidate working towards certification
- Strong analytical ability and an understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn the firm’s software: CCH’s ProSystem FX, Thomson Reuters research, Excel, Word and Office
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on concise summaries
- Ability to work overtime throughout the year
- Ability to travel for out of town engagements (50 nights per year)
- Professional appearance and etiquette
We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package that include(s):
- Continuing education courses paid for by the firm – both technical and soft skills
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Frequent traveler benefits belong to the employee
- Paid time off program
- Business casual dress code
- Reasonable annual hour expectations
- Lower cost of living area and no parking costs
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.