Seeking a rockstar Controller who wants to do more meaningful work!
Your primary responsibility as the Controller is to Support the fulfillment our Company’s mission and vision of ending emotional trauma and empowering women by supporting, leading and helping to optimize finance through day-to-day activities.
- Are you looking to join a team of A Players?
- Do you want to have fun at work? Do you want to love the people that you’re working with?
- Hate working in stuffy office under fluorescent lights and want to work in a more holistic environment?
- Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives and wake up knowing that the work you’re doing matters? A well known leader in the personal growth industry is seeking to hire a rockstar Controller.
- You will work in a fast paced, agile and pivoting environment and be responsible for entering and working with financial data and working with the CEO and team to drive data driven and optimal results.
You are a perfect fit for this role if you:
- Are an empathetic, compassionate self-starter with strong finance skills.
- You love financial data and figuring out ways to always improve efficiencies while decreasing spending.
- Are a highly-organized, internet-savvy problem solver who ALWAYS looks for the SOLUTION.
- You can’t stand people who complain because you are so in-love with SOLVING PROBLEMS instead.
- Love supporting a team and know how and when to ask for help.
- Can thrive working with virtual team members and you love being constantly connected.
- Are flexible in your mindset, but dedicated to following through and finishing the job.
Here is what you will do in this role:
- Own day-to-day accounting operations with the ability to execute more complex functions.
- Oversee and maintain an accurate bookkeeping/accounting file – daily posting and reconciling, coding and classing.
- Manage A/P and A/R functions with the assistance of the bookkeeper.
- Calculate sales team commissions and affiliate commissions monthly.
- Create and oversee maintenance of a system to resolve bookkeeping questions/issues.
- Supervise bookkeeper
- Create financial excellence for the Company
- Daily/Weekly and Monthly Cash Flow Analysis and Optimization
- Monitor complex debt re-payment schedules
- Partner with outside accountant to prepare taxes yearly/quarterly.
- Work on securing business and personal loans for various needs.
- Setting up the Company financial picture for future loan underwriting success.
- Work with CEO to create projections/forecasts and budgets for company; in addition, partner with CEO on debt repayment plan, savings for taxes, savings for profits, cash reserves and investments into the business for growth.
- Budget planning for events and launch expenses in advance and create system to pay in advance.
- Create reports for CEO regularly; P&L, P&L by class, Balance Sheet, projections.
- Create and maintain system to review spending and eliminate unnecessary/duplicate and overlapping expenses immediately.
- Oversee onboarding new team members to get them set up on payment system.
- 2-x per week in-person financial updates for CEO.
- Manage vendor payments for presentation to CEO 2x per month
- Attend all team/company retreats
Requirements/Qualifications — ARE YOU SOMEONE:
- With a minimum of five years accounting and/or controller experience
- Who understands and can anticipate the financial needs of a fast paced Company with rapid growth
- Who has worked in the coaching/internet marketing industry (ideal, but not required)
- Has professional oral and written communication skills
- Is proficient in excel (and Xero software is a plus!)
- Has a willingness to travel to company events.
- Who is incredibly resourceful and has an aptitude for solving problems with little assistance.
- Who takes relationships seriously and makes it a priority in life to cultivate them.
AND – we’ll say this one 3 times!
1. Who is comfortable working in a fast paced and high intensity virtual environment and who isn’t afraid to voice their opinion when collaborating with a team.
2. Who is comfortable working in a fast paced and high intensity virtual environment and who isn’t afraid to voice their opinion when collaborating with a team.
3. Who is comfortable working in a fast paced and high intensity virtual environment and who isn’t afraid to voice their opinion when collaborating with a team.
- Be playfully competitive
- Be a professional who LOVES to be in service
- Be able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities that change rapidly
- Be an absolute rock star professional who takes pride and ownership of your talents
- Be looking for a long-term position with an awesome group
- Be someone who is motivated to get a lot done in a day
- Be a PROVEN problem-solver who is not afraid to dig in and find the answer
- Be skilled in interpersonal relationships and emotional intelligence
- Be proactive and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Be excited to learn new skills and explore new territories
- Be a lightning-fast learner
- Have a positive personality with a “do whatever it takes” attitude, and have a GREAT sense of humor!
- Be excellent with time management and organization skills
- Have great follow-through skills – you like to take things all the way to completion
- Be able to follow processes that increase performance/results
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work extra hours for special projects, product launches, and live events
Ideally you have experience with:
- Xero accounting software (preferred)
- Infusionsoft / HubSpot
- Being on an A Player Team
- Google Drive
- Full time
- Must be available 9am and 6pm EST Mon-Fri and weekends as needed
- Location is the beautiful team HQ in the rolling hills of Asheville, NC
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.