Kruze Consulting – Vice President of Technical Accounting
The Vice President of Technical Accounting will direct and manage all aspects of accounting operations for Kruze Consulting clients. The VP will work closely with the CEO/COO/CFO on each engagement to ensure accuracy, adherence to deadlines and great client experience.
The VP will lead a team of talented individuals. In this capacity, the VP will:
- Directly manage the Kruze Account Managers/Client Controllers and indirectly the staff accountants.
- The VP will set clear goals for the team, monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- The VP will need to delegate tasks and set deadlines,
- motivate team members, listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts and also recognize high performance and reward accomplishments while encouraging creativity.
Key to the success of the VP is the ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format and also to explain the processes to non-accounting professionals. The VP, with a strong accounting and finance background, will ensure GAAP compliance for Kruze clients. Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations is a key component along with the ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports.
The VP will work with multiple Kruze team members and clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance is achieved for each entity. The ability to lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in chaotic and often disorganized environments is critical to this role. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
SKILLS, DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS
Skills & Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 10+ years of relative experience.
- Big 4 Experience preferred and CPA or Qualified CPA track candidate.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles and practices.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must.
- Proven work experience leading large teams (25+ people). The candidate should be a “people person” who is actively engaged in managing staff (1:1 meetings, check-ins, development, etc)
- Proven work experience leading remote teams.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Degree in Management or training in team leading is a plus.
- Preferably located in one of the following time zones: Pacific, Mountain or Central.
- Deep technical experience with: QBO, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto and/or Rippling,
- Does 3rd Level Reviews to ensure high quality standards are upheld.
- Discover training needs, develop training materials & coach Account Managers & Staff Accountants.
- Manages MD&A templates and ensures compliance with best practices.
- Manages Monthly Close Workflow + Accompanying Software Tools (Jetpack/ MavenLink).
- Employee Success / Happiness.
- Weekly 1:1s with Account Managers and Staff.
- Soft Skills Training.
- Manage internal knowledge Wiki.
- Recruiting Interviews.
- We respect our fellow team members & clients.
- We empower entrepreneurs.
- We solve problems collectively and seek continuous improvement.
- Medical, Dental and Vision; FSA Plan
- 401k with a 3% match
- Commuter Benefits
- Three weeks (15) PTO
- Nine (9) paid holidays
- Half days off during the week around Christmas
- New Client Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue.
About the Firm:
Kruze Consulting was founded in 2012 by Vanessa Kruze, a big four alum, startup controller and CPA. Kruze provides Startup CFO Consulting to over 175+ startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, New York, and other major startup hubs. Kruze’s clients have raised over $500 million in venture capital in the past 12 months, and are market leading Saas, software, eCommerce, eHealth and FinTech startups. The firm handles all things Accounting, Tax, Finance, & HR: interim CFO Consulting, financial modeling, annual taxes, venture debt consulting, 409A reporting, bookkeeping, AR/AP, and Seed/Series A/B Fundraising Preparation.
To apply for this job please visit accountingfly.breezy.hr.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.